Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Blocks
64bitguy
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:36 am Reply with quote

Hi Folks

As people may or may not be aware, I have been spending a ton of time recoding Nuke themes, blocks and modules to be 100% W3C compliant. In a nutshell, this enables your site to be 100% Cross-Browser compatible while being compliant to all Internet Presentation standards.

This is important for a number of reasons, not least of all being performance. Compliance means a fast, consistant experience for users regardless of what browser they are using, while also resulting in empty error logs and zero problems in raw access logs for administrators.

In doing this work on Platinum, some of the things that I have fixed also apply to regular Nuke.

With that in mind, please find the my newest code for the Nuke Tools Block. Using this code will eliminate a ton of W3C errors. Please note that this block code uses the latest Chatserv created 2.9 security methodology.

Enjoy!

Code:
<?php

/************************************************************************/
/* PHP-Nuke Tools Block (*Recoded)                                      */
/* By Steph Benoit - http://64bit.us                                    */
/* 64BIT is home of PHP-Nuke W3C Compliant Themes and Solutions         */
/*   This block code has been recoded to offer 100% W3C Compliance      */
/* This program is free software. You can redistribute it and/or modify */
/* it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by */
/* the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License.       */
/*         Additional security & Abstraction layer conversion           */
/*                           2003 chatserv                              */
/*      http://www.nukefixes.com -- http://www.nukeresources.com        */

if ( !defined('NUKE_FILE') ) {
    Header("Location: index.php");
    die();
}

$content  =  "<strong><big>· </big></strong><a href=\"modules.php?name=PHP-Nuke_Tools&amp;file=index&amp;func=Module\" title=\""._MODULEC."\">"._MODULEC."</a><BR>";
$content  .= "<strong><big>· </big></strong><a href=\"modules.php?name=PHP-Nuke_Tools&amp;file=index&amp;func=Block\" title=\""._BLOCKC."\">"._BLOCKC."</a><BR>";
$content  .= "<strong><big>· </big></strong><a href=\"modules.php?name=PHP-Nuke_Tools&amp;file=index&amp;func=HTMLPHP\" title=\""._HTMLC."\">"._HTMLC."</a><BR>";
$content  .= "<strong><big>· </big></strong><a href=\"modules.php?name=PHP-Nuke_Tools&amp;file=index&amp;func=HTMLASP\" title=\""._HTMLASP."\">"._HTMLASP."</a><BR>";
$content  .= "<strong><big>· </big></strong><a href=\"modules.php?name=PHP-Nuke_Tools&amp;file=index&amp;func=HTMLJSP\" title=\""._HTMLJSP."\">"._HTMLJSP."</a><BR>";
$content  .= "<strong><big>· </big></strong><a href=\"modules.php?name=PHP-Nuke_Tools&amp;file=index&amp;func=HTMLPERL\" title=\""._HTMLPERL."\">"._HTMLPERL."</a><BR>";
$content  .= "<strong><big>· </big></strong><a href=\"modules.php?name=PHP-Nuke_Tools&amp;file=index&amp;func=HTMLJS\" title=\""._HTMLJS."\">"._HTMLJS."</a><BR>";
$content  .= "<strong><big>· </big></strong><a href=\"modules.php?name=PHP-Nuke_Tools&amp;file=index&amp;func=HTMLSWS\" title=\""._HTMLSWS."\">"._HTMLSWS."</a><BR>";
$content  .= "<strong><big>· </big></strong><a href=\"modules.php?name=PHP-Nuke_Tools&amp;file=index&amp;func=Source\" title=\""._EDITORC."\">"._EDITORC."</a><BR>";
$content  .= "<strong><big>· </big></strong><a href=\"modules.php?name=PHP-Nuke_Tools&amp;file=index&amp;func=MTags\" title=\""._METAC."\">"._METAC."</a><BR>";
$content  .= "<strong><big>· </big></strong><a href=\"modules.php?name=PHP-Nuke_Tools&amp;file=index&amp;func=Pop\" title=\""._POPUP."\">"._POPUP."</a><BR>";
$content  .= "<strong><big>· </big></strong><a href=\"modules.php?name=PHP-Nuke_Tools&amp;file=index&amp;func=Scroll\" title=\""._SCROLLC."\">"._SCROLLC."</a><BR>";
$content  .= "<strong><big>· </big></strong><a href=\"modules.php?name=PHP-Nuke_Tools&amp;file=index&amp;func=Color\" title=\""._HEXC."\">"._HEXC."</a><BR>";
$content  .= "<strong><big>· </big></strong><a href=\"modules.php?name=PHP-Nuke_Tools&amp;file=index&amp;func=PREVIEWER\" title=\""._PREVIEWER."\">"._PREVIEWER."</a><BR>";
$content  .= "<strong><big>· </big></strong><a href=\"modules.php?name=PHP-Nuke_Tools&amp;file=index&amp;func=SourceCoder\" title=\""._SCODER."\">"._SCODER."</a><BR>";
$content  .= "<strong><big>· </big></strong><a href=\"modules.php?name=PHP-Nuke_Tools&amp;file=index&amp;func=HTMLENCODER\" title=\""._HTMLCODER."\">"._HTMLCODER."</a><BR>";
$content  .= "<strong><big>· </big></strong><a href=\"modules.php?name=PHP-Nuke_Tools&amp;file=index&amp;func=URLENCODER\" title=\""._URLCODER."\">"._URLCODER."</a><BR>";
$content  .= "<strong><big>· </big></strong><a href=\"modules.php?name=PHP-Nuke_Tools&amp;file=index&amp;func=EMAIL\" title=\""._EMAILCODER."\">"._EMAILCODER."</a><BR>";
$content  .= "<strong><big>· </big></strong><a href=\"modules.php?name=PHP-Nuke_Tools&amp;file=index&amp;func=ROT\" title=\""._ROTCODER."\">"._ROTCODER."</a><BR>";

?>

sting
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:46 am Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this

-sting

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
neophite
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:27 am Reply with quote

64bitguy wrote:

With that in mind, please find the my newest code for the Nuke Tools Block. Using this code will eliminate a ton of W3C errors. Please note that this block code uses the latest Chatserv created 2.9 security methodology.

Enjoy!

- 64bitguy

Thank you so much for your hard work and efforts. I have copied the code and appreciate your taking the time to create this and offer it to us for use.

You are the MAN Cheers

thebishop
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:22 pm Reply with quote

64bitguy, do you have any idea of why the block would have an underscore before all of the tool names ?. examples _MODULEC & _BLOCKC.
running nuke 7.6-3.3 fiblack3d theme.

if i click on a tool, on the next page they all look normal. it's just the home page its doing this on.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:53 pm Reply with quote

Looks like something in missing from a language file. Were all of the installations steps completed without error?

thebishop

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:57 pm Reply with quote

yes, i even reinstalled it two more times.
I use to have this problem with the text in the YourAccount area as well with a site running 7.5 fully patched but it was only there so i didn't bother fixing it.
I'll take a look at all of the language files to make sure there all correct.
thanks for the reply.

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:01 pm Reply with quote

Most likely, there should be a definition in the language/lang-xxxx.php or in a modules/xxx/language/lang-xxx.php file. Since this is a block, you might need to check the block code to see if it's including a specific language file.

thebishop

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:27 pm Reply with quote

The block code is the code above that 64bitguy recoded but the problem started with the orginal block. and if the block was calling a specific language file, wouldn't it call it on all pages and not just the home page.
This is only happening on the home page and then after clicking one of the tools in the block, the next page loads with the tool and now the block has all underscores before the tool names.

language-english.txt code
Code:

define("_BLOCKC","Block Creator");
define("_MODULEC","Module Creator");
define("_HTMLC","HTML to PHP");
define("_EDITORC","Online HTML Editor");
define("_POPUP","Popup Creator");
define("_SCROLLC","Scrollbar Creator");
define("_METAC","Meta Tag Creator");
define("_HTMLASP","HTML to ASP");
define("_HTMLJS","HTML to Javascript");
define("_HTMLJSP","HTML to JSP");
define("_HTMLPERL","HTML to Perl");
define("_HTMLSWS","HTML to SWS");
define("_HEXC","Hex Colors");
define("_PREVIEWER","Previewer");
define("_SCODER","Source Encoder");
define("_HTMLCODER","HTML Encoder");
define("_URLCODER","URL Encoder");
define("_EMAILCODER","Email Encoder");
define("_ROTCODER","Rot-13 Encoder");

I tried to post the code for the language-english.php but ravens site thought i was attempting to hack it. ROFL.

I have no idea of were to look for this fix. maybe when someone has a free moment they can find it. I have a bigger problem with getting access back to my forums/admin/index.php right now. but ill keep searching for the answer.

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:38 pm Reply with quote

In this case, I would add the language-english.txt code you posted above to the language/lang-english.php file at the end before the closing ?>

thebishop

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:40 pm Reply with quote

[EDIT] i thought i had fixed this due to the fact i saw the normal block after clicking on a tool link but in fact the problem still exists. DOH!!

i also did what you said and added the langauge-english.txt code to the language-english.php file and that did not work either.

I'll keep trying and post back if i find the fix.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Blocks

View next topic
View previous topic