Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> KISGB General Support
yoo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:20 am Reply with quote

1. Which file extensions should I un-"comment" in PHP.ini for KISGB?
2. Does it work using PHP4ISAPI.dll or PHP.dll or anything else? What should I activate?

Our server is IIS under Win2003.

(I hope my questions are correct, as I am not a server admin, I only prepared kisgb for our purposes, accept php configuration on server).

Julia.
Moscow

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:10 pm Reply with quote

KISGB requires PHP. If your site is running PHP then KISGB works w/o any changes.

yoo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:18 am Reply with quote

Our IIS server did not run PHP before. To run kisgb now we should configure PHP on it, especially PHP.ini. By default different file extensions and .DLL's are not active in it. If anybody have a configured PHP.ini for kisgb - could you please send us this file?

Julia

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:54 am Reply with quote

There is no php.ini configuration for KISGB. If you have your site configured for PHP then KISGB should work out of the box.

yoo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:10 am Reply with quote

We don't have a website configured for PHP!!! Before we installed only ASP and Perl utilities. For our library we install a search utility, so developers adviced us to configure PHP.ini for it. I understand, that kisgb doesn't need any special parameters in PHP.ini. But what is "common configuration for website"? I mean - file extensions and selection of .DLL's (see questions above).
(Probably only server admins can answer, maybe I need to write to another place?)

Julia

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:18 am Reply with quote

I am a server admin. I now understand that your real issue is installing and configuring PHP, unrelated to any specific application. I would recommend that you search Google for this phrase "configure php for windows iis" and select from the links that are returned. I do not use IIS and would recommend that you use Apache, if for no other reason than security, although there are many other reasons. Regardless, those links should answer your questions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> KISGB General Support

View next topic
View previous topic