Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help
Sfinxs
Client

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:20 am Reply with quote

How to create a new database. To create one do you go to cpanel and go to mysql? I tried it and it says I've reached max sql allowed or something like that. Is it because my plan offers only 1 mysql?

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:36 am Reply with quote

Yes. You need to upgrade your plan for more.

Sfinxs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:02 pm Reply with quote

This hobby is getting more expensive. What does mysql allow you to do? I've installed things that have the file sql and inside it an sql file. I just neglected that file and it still seems to install and work fine.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:16 pm Reply with quote

MySQL is the server system that holds and manages all your member information, setiings, etc. Nuke cannot operate w/o it. Any 'dynamic' application has to have database(s). If you have neglected to install an sql file then either you aren't using that file/application or the application installed it. You can certainly use the same database for different applications as long as the table names are not the same.

Additional databases can be purchased also, as opposed to a plan upgrade. Keep in mind that every database eats up your total disk quota. It's not just your ftp files that are stored on the disk. A database is an organized and optimized file storage system. Every database that is created places more stress on the server. That's why there is a cost involved, especially at the lower end plans.

Sfinxs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:48 am Reply with quote

I don't mind upgrading if its the only way. Just wondering why I have to create a new database with certain install like modcalendar and others I don't need to. btw why can't I add the tables to the existing database why need a new one?

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:57 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
You can certainly use the same database for different applications as long as the table names are not the same.
That's exactly what I said above Wink You might have misread the instructions with the mod. You usually don't need a new database, just an existing one and you create new tables.

Sfinxs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:44 am Reply with quote

Here's the instruction for my next installment. Can you explain how to go about doing these steps. There are more steps but I only have trouble with these 3.
Here do they mean create a new database table or an actual database?

Setting Up The Database

1. Create a new database, call it whatever you wish, perhaps even “nball”
2. Using “nball_schema.sql” load the database schema for NBALL into the database you just created.

Setting Up The Scripts

1. Update the config.php with your database details

How to do each steps? Thanks

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:04 am Reply with quote

As long as none of the new tables have names the same as what are in your database for your nuke site, just load them into your nuke database.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic