Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
Poll
Do you manage opt-in email lists in php-nuke or with a stand-alone solution?
A 3rd party solution integrated into PHP-Nuke.
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
A custom built solution integrated into PHP-Nuke.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
A stand-alone solution NOT integrated into PHP-Nuke.
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
A custom built stand-alone solution NOT integrated into PHP-Nuke.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

SteveSoler
Client

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:50 am Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

What solution would you recommend for managing an opt-in email list via php-nuke? I need something that can do the following at minimum:
1) Automatically handle opt-in and opt-out requests.
2) Email the list members in a way that does not exceed the maximum amount of emails we are allowed to send out per hour, yet make sure everyone on the list is contacted.
3) Import addresses from a CSV list.

If it can also handle the following that would be an added plus:
1) Send out HTML/TEXT formatted emails.
2) Handle multiple newsletter preferences for each list member and allow the admin to see who is subscribed to what.
3) Integrate with the PHP-Nuke member list.
4) Show statistics as to the success of email deliveries and openings.
5) Show statistics as to the number of opt-ins and opt-outs at the end of a period (maybe each week or month).

Please let me know since this is a very big part of my up-and-coming site and I’m lost with out it.

Thanks,
STEVE

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
brentnhunter
Client

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:29 am Reply with quote

Hello Steve,

I have also been looking for a phpNuke-based mailing list system with similar features. The best mailing system add-on for php-Nuke I have seen so far is from Nukescripts Network ( [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] ). However I have to say that it is very simple and does not do hardly anything I want it to do. Responses to my questions posted on that site have been slow and erratic, and I have abandoned any hope to have the script custom modified.

By the way, if you don't care if it's integrated into php-Nuke, there IS a place I can refer you to. It has all of the features you are looking for except for your second # 3 item (integration with php-Nuke member list). I have been using this system for a year and it works very well, it is a well-designed, feature-filled system. The URL is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Since the system I just mentioned is not integrated with php-Nuke and since I have been unable to locate a suitable phpNuke-based mailing list system so far, my plans are to build my own system. Perhaps we can collaborate with one another. If you are interested, please send me an email at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] .

Cheers,

Brent Hunter
Earth Communications Center [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:35 am Reply with quote

Brent,

Have you tried using that other application and wrapping it in an <IFRAME>? That would at least keep it looking like nuke. Have you discussed the customizing with me?

brentnhunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:47 am Reply with quote

Gaylen,

No I haven't tried that. There is also Nuke-Wrapper which can also keep it looking like phpnuke. However it is still an entirely different system that is not integrated with php-nuke.

I have sent you a few requirements specifications over the past several weeks, asking you to provide a price quotes, and my emails thus far have been unanswered.

SteveSoler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:23 pm Reply with quote

brentnhunter wrote:
...The best mailing system add-on for php-Nuke I have seen so far is from Nukescripts Network ( [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] )...

By the way, if you don't care if it's integrated into php-Nuke, there IS a place I can refer you to... ... [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Since the system I just mentioned is not integrated with php-Nuke and since I have been unable to locate a suitable phpNuke-based mailing list system so far, my plans are to build my own system. Perhaps we can collaborate with one another. If you are interested, please send me an email at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] ...

Brent,

I also installed NSN's Mailing List module. You are correct, it is great but in no way what we are looking for.

Thanks for the tip on the Autosresponders service at Web Marketing Magic. That does seem to be exactly what I'm looking for but I'm not sure if I'm ready to dish out the 29 bucks a month. I haven't even launched my site yet.

As for collaborating, I'll be emailing you to discuss.

Thanks!
STEVE

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:37 am Reply with quote

Would something like this be of interest? [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

There seems to be two scripts running at the moment that use a mail to forum and forum to mail type opt-in list manager service.
I have been following these for the last few days but progress seems very very slow as far as getting it to work with phpnuke ported phpBB is concerned.

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:54 am Reply with quote

The m2f (integrated nuke) does not work correctly. Chat is working with the author to try get it fixed but the author has not provided what is needed.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:06 am Reply with quote

Thanks for that Raven, I saw the posts there by Chat and have provided a test site for the author to use in order to get this software tested on a phpnuke installation - but not heard anything back from the author since.
As you know, my experience with php is limited but if there is anything I can do to help that integration along I'm more than happy to test, provide various installations for testing on etc.

brentnhunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:31 am Reply with quote

Hi Guardian,

I've tried several times to get to this site and can't get there. It must down, I'll try to take a look at it later.

Thanks,

Brent

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:01 pm Reply with quote

Periodically the site does take some time to load but it is worth revisiting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic