Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.4
TheosEleos
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:14 pm Reply with quote

Ok, so I am using EDL 2.1 with my 7.4 site.

nukestyles.com has the worst support I have ever seen in my life so I am forced to ask elsewhere.

When viewing download details you get this error.

Code:
Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/asdfdsf/public_html/phenylshouse/includes/sql_layer.php on line 286

Here is a sample page.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I really don't know what to do to fix this error. Can anyone help me?

Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:37 pm Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Try that and post the info.

TheosEleos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:49 pm Reply with quote

Here is the extra info.

Code:
Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/sdfsag/public_html/phenylshouse/includes/sql_layer.php on line 286

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:14 pm Reply with quote

Strange it doesn't do that on some links like this [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Is the one you posted the result of a search or from some block or something? I notice a difference in the urls format too. Or when I go to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:24 pm Reply with quote

I think if you "TAP" the downloads block it will be fine.

TheosEleos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:30 pm Reply with quote

I think that the tap just hides the error. I could be wrong but I don't think so.

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:33 pm Reply with quote

Does it happen when there aren't spaces in the title? If the spaces are causing the problem maybe some string replace code could be put in there.

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:41 pm Reply with quote

Hmn no its not the spaces because the url [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
does the same thing.

You looked at what the query is there? I don't have the module to work with.

TheosEleos

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:08 pm Reply with quote

If you want the module to look it I'll send it to you.

NimitzTheCat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:50 am Reply with quote

Hi all.

I have a similar problem, but when I try pasting echo mysql_error(); after line 286 i still only see the original error message. I've also tried changing the case code to
case "MySQL":
if ($row = mysql_fetch_row($res)) {
return $row;
} else {
print (mysql_error());
}
break;;
in order to get a more descpriptive message, but still only shows the original warning.

I get the message when clicking on the Edit Admins icon. What I see is fields that allow me to add admins. Am I even right in assuming that I should see a list of current admins (which is what I'm looking for)?

--- Edited after solution below ---

I managed to get rid of the error by changing authors.php - to be more precis, by changing the places in the code that called mysql_fetch_row(). The problem seems to have been created by the changed made in the code when I installed Coppermine.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.4

View next topic
View previous topic