Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
blith
Client

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:19 am Reply with quote

can I do away with the site info block? How can people log-in without it? What are my options? I would like to have my site with no modules other than the Forums and the admin. Is it possible? Thanks!

oprime2001
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:24 am Reply with quote

Why not go with a standalone phpBB install if all you want from php-nuke is the Forums module? Think of all the mods that you could use that do NOT need to be ported!

blith

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:58 pm Reply with quote

Yes but converting the db is a pain. I do not want to lose 32,000 members and all my forum posts...

oprime2001

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:05 pm Reply with quote

You should put a question out to the gurus that ported phpBB to php-nuke (ChatServ, mikem, sixonetonoffun, et alii -- according to the Forums credits) whether there are any major differences.

edit: here are some links on [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] that might help you go to a standalone phpbb from a php-nuke-embedded phpbb. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

blith

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:07 am Reply with quote

I have actually been over there and posted a couple of times. The funny thing is no one has actually, that I have seen, written a converter for Nuke to Phpbb2 that works consistently. They have them for all other bb but nothing from Nuke to Phpbb. Very interesting. I would hope that someone could write one. i know I cannot. It is definitely not within my scope.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic