Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Politics
Poll
Do you agree with Mr. Rooney?
Yes
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
No
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Unsure
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

HauntedWebby
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:49 pm Reply with quote

Andy Rooney said on "60 Minutes" a few weeks back:

I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens...Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door. Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, that is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE YOU LISTENING MARTHA BURKE?

I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is an opinion.

I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.

When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling, it is the Law of Probability.

I believe that if you are selling me a milkshake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen, you should have to speak English!

My father and grandfather didn't die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours. I think the police should have every right to shoot your sorry ass if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word "freeze" or "stop" in English, see the above lines.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business.

We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document; and open to their interpretations.

I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor.

I know pro wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television. That doesn't stop you from watching them.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that's better, and put your name on
the building.

It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid; and smack their little behinds when necessary, and say "NO!"

I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement. And, please, stay home until that new lip ring heals. I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve me French fries!

I am sick of "Political Correctness." I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa; so how can they be "African-Americans"? Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe. I am proud to be from America and nowhere else.
And if you don't like my point of view, tough...

DON'T PASS IT ON!!

Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:55 pm Reply with quote

AMEN!

VinDSL
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

Location: Arizona (USA) Admin: NukeCops.com Admin: Disipal Designs Admin: Lenon.com

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:48 am Reply with quote

Um...
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Rooney is a Commie pig!

HauntedWebby

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:06 pm Reply with quote

In all reality I don't care who said it. But I do agree with it.

A lot of people will actually ask me how I can celebrate Thanksgiving since I'm an Cherokee/Blackfoot Indian.

I just explain that I'm kinda glad whitie came here, cuz if they hadn't I'd probably still be hunting for food somewhere in Florida. And that's not something I want to be doing. Besides we wasn't the dummies that let you all in anyway Wink Laughing

You can't hold past events against current people. And this whole political correctness makes me sick. I'm not going to walk on egg shells for a few morons that think their opinion is more valid then mine just because there are few of those morons.

Discrimination will never end .... neither side will let it. Because if it did end, then either side wouldn't have something to bitch about.

Last edited by HauntedWebby on Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Raven

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:12 pm Reply with quote

HauntedWebby

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:31 pm Reply with quote

Very Happy Cool Very Happy

SmackDaddy
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:45 am Reply with quote

Nice post webby.....I don't agree with all the writer said, but quite a bit of it!!! w00t!

kidgrok

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:10 pm Reply with quote

I actually do agree with most of what Andy said, inasmuch as it speaks about otherwise unspoken American pet peeves; but I located this thread while trying to confirm the quotation after receiving a religious right chain email from a rabid family member. That email correctly attributed this statement word-for-word to Andy but then tacked on some of the usual Moral Majority, God-fearing, gay-bashing, foreigner-fearing gibberish at the end in a way that made it look like part of the same quote. I am familiar enough with Andy Rooney's politics that I smelled that big, fat non-Rooney Christian Conservative rat.

That's the problem with bashing political correctness--someone's bound to contort your meaning so that it fits into their own, truly bigoted, agenda. Guess maybe some things just need to go unsaid!

- Fair-minded-Whitey-Who-Loves-the-Idea-of-America-More-Than-He-Does Its-Present-day-Reality. Wink

djmaze
Subject Matter Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:59 pm Reply with quote

As european i have no opinion how american's should behave, but i'm already laughing my ass off with Bush.

Must be something European that i don't see black and white people but only shaking booties vs stiff high heels.

FireATST
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:12 pm Reply with quote

Humm, whether he wrote it or not, I do like a lot of what is stated. The political correctness now a days is truly sad. We have gotten as a country so far away from what we started out to be, that it is truly a shame, even if people want to call it "Present day Reality".

What do you really think would happen if this country made a white only anything, or wait a minute, I think in the past this country did and the majority of people decide that wasn't right to do. ( That is unless you are black I guess since we have the college fund, and the other black only programs) If a separate white only program was established, the NAACP and the ACLU would be filing lawsuits before the ink dried on the announcement of it over racial issues.

The above statement isn't made out of anger, or a racial slur, just stating fact. If we are all "truly" equal and all rules and laws apply to each one the same, then how is this separation allowed to stand and go on?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:05 am Reply with quote

Political correctness is an ass.
I'm sure someone somewhere is actually paid to come up with some of this crap.

The popular nursery rythm 'Ba-ba Blacksheep' is politically incorrect so its no longer used in UK schools - why? Is it going to offend balck sheep?

Use of the word 'midget' or 'dwarf' is politically incorrect - we should instead use 'vertically challenged' - WTF!

A company called Robertsons who have made excellent marmalade for decades used a golliwog as their trademark. I even used to collect the golliwog stickers on the sides of the jar to get my free golliwog - a stuffed doll made of black wool with a sort of sticking up affro hair style. Now they have not only been profibited from making the dolls but have had to remove their trademark from their jars.
Apparently the term 'golliwog' was deemed insulting because someone once called a black man by the same term.
To me, it was just a stuffed toy I could play with which didnt cost my parents anything (except the postage), it got thrown around the room and buried in the sandpit just like my Action Man.

The Queen has just had a Mosque built inside Buckingham Palace in case her 4 Muslim employees are offended because she had not 'embraced their religious needs'. So, your Majesty, tell me exactly which millenium did you have it in mind to build that Chapel or Synagogue to cater for around 90% of your remaining none agnostic employees? (since the fall of the British Empire we are not allowed to refer to them as slaves anymore Your Maj).

Of course the British Governement who force all this nonesense, ooh, sorry, meant to say 'political correctness' on us are doing so only to prove we are all equals and laws, rules and regulations are of course there to protect everyone.
So tell me, when the British Government enforced a 'No Smoking Ban' in all public places within the UK on the 1st July this year, why were the Houses of Parliament excempt from this legislation? Oh yeah, thats right, thats the place where they come up with these stupid idea's the bunch of two-faced, whiskey swilling, cigar smoking trogladytes.
Man, I just figured out why they never increase the tax on whiskey and cigars!

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:35 am Reply with quote

Troglodytes? That's a new one for me...

(since it's almost July 4th) djmaze, with the lack of real leadership around the world (excepting dictators, since exterminating your opponents isn't leadership), I'd would have thought you'd be crying your @$s off.

Unfortunately, with the full support of the media, it's politically correct to bash the US president. That may come with the job, but it really isn't productive. It certainly didn't do much for the former German and French presidents! With new leaders, hopefully those countries can focus on real issues now, rather than pandering to anti-American sentiments in pathetic attempts to retain power / influence. It also hasn't helped US presidential candidates. Around the world, people want answers and better ideas, rather than excuses and blame.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Politics

View next topic
View previous topic