Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Cache Lite Admin Module
oprime2001
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:05 am Reply with quote

In light of Raven's new utility (which I'm about to install) that makes Cache Lite easier to install/maintain, I was wondering if there are any tools or utilities that you use to benchmark your site's performance.

I don't want to be that wanna-be street racer who puts stickers/decals on his tricked-out car thinking that each sticker adds 5HP. Laughing Is there a "dyno" (to continue the "The Fast and the Furious" analogy) that I can use to check before and after results?

Thanks.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:47 am Reply with quote

There are tools out there but the fastest way is to just look at the decrease [hopefully] in load times. See what your home page is averaging w/o cache lite. Then see what it averages with cache lite. The initial load will increase as the cached blocks are saved but subsequent loads should be less that your time w/o cache lite. Keep in mind that this in no way affects load times. That's a function of the Cache Lite application. I have just built an interface.

Also, please notice that you need to redownload the package as I forgot Embarassed to package the needed SQL in my original zip.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Cache Lite Admin Module

View next topic
View previous topic