Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 6.9
Admin32
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:55 am Reply with quote

Hi people,

Is there any way someone can tweak the SQL queries phpnuke does to the SQL database? I'm having problems again with the SQL users excceding the 36,000 query limit per hour... I cant understand how this is possible with 80 people concurrently online!

Any ideas ?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:02 am Reply with quote

It would more than likely involve quite a large rewrite. I can assure you that a 36000 threshhold is VERY SMALL for any site, especially a Nuke site. I guess I'll stick a shameless plug in here, but I don't have any threshhold at Raven Web Hosting Smile. I have had several people transfer to me for that very reason Wink

Admin32

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:06 am Reply with quote

Oh yes, I'm aware of the shameless plug Smile I've seen it in my previous posts on your site(!) hehehe.

I've created 5 SQL users, but it seems like its not enough ... after a few reloads, I'll eventually get one of the random 5 users who's queries haven't reached the limit.

Raven, the site is generating around 30Gigs traffic a month from 450,000 page views. Its size it around 250-300 Mb. These numbers are on a constant increase, which really dosen't give me much flexibility when it comes to hosting providers.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:10 am Reply with quote

I'm not sure why you don't have much choice. That is not anything out of the ordinary for a reasonably active site. If you want, shoot me a PM on your exact requirements and I'll shoot you back a price. I can handle the traffic w/o any problem.

Admin32

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:19 am Reply with quote

Okies Raven,

I'll pm you with all the details. I'll also need some more info on your hosting server(S), so I'll include all that in the pm.

Cheers,

fury
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:16 pm Reply with quote

I have a question here. My old site was averaging over a million hits per month and not even going over 5Gb bandwith per month, i am wondering of you are gettting harvested or something.
Thanks
Fury

Admin32

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 2:48 am Reply with quote

Fury,

Most of the bandwidth is being chewed up from my download section.
I;ve got quite a bit of applications, projects and funyn movies which people love to grab.

I might consider removing a few if this becomes a big problem.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 6.9

View next topic
View previous topic