Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> w/Nuke 6.5
toadie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:12 pm Reply with quote

i want to install phpbb2.06 on my nuke 6.7 and i am not sure about a few things. I have downloaded phpbb2.06 from their site. i unzipped it and i noticed that some of the files match the files i already have on my server already. i have messed up my site so many times i dont want to take the chance of doin it again. can someone tell me which files to upload. here is the list of mathcing files:(already on my server and in the phpbb folder on my local drive)

-config.php and index.php
-all files in the includes folder

thanks

fury
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:20 am Reply with quote

have you installed the database for you 6.7 site and if so check activate the module and see if it works.
then you can tell if the files are correct.

toadie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:01 pm Reply with quote

i am not sure what i did. i am kinda at a lost on how to get this fixed. i dont know what i have installed and what i dont. there are files located in my forum folder on my server but nothing else. i would also like to update my nuke up to 6.9. Would that fix my bb problem? i want to upgrade to 6.9 but i dont want to lose my news items, downloads, usernames etc... in need of some desperate help!@

-toadie

XTS

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:02 pm Reply with quote

toadie wrote:
i am not sure what i did. i am kinda at a lost on how to get this fixed. i dont know what i have installed and what i dont. there are files located in my forum folder on my server but nothing else. i would also like to update my nuke up to 6.9. Would that fix my bb problem? i want to upgrade to 6.9 but i dont want to lose my news items, downloads, usernames etc... in need of some desperate help!@

-toadie
I, myself, recommend FULL backups if changing anything.. I'm new to it too and have lost alot thus far. I've learned to back up through phpmyadmin.. (each database nice too, example, users, then forum priv, then etc)

gl toadie Smile

xts

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> w/Nuke 6.5

View next topic
View previous topic