Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> PHP
G-Rard_B
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:21 pm Reply with quote

Hey, guys, I've been trying to install these two and I've been having lots of trouble. I used the PHP 5 Installer and I installed Apache (Apache first). I read the PHP readme file and I did what they told me to do in order to make PHP an Apache module but it didn't work. Oh yeah, I use Windows XP Home edition. I'm only trying to install Apache and PHP to run PHP scripts without having to upload them onto my web server and use up bandwidth. Anyone think they can help me (please:))?

BTW, go easy on me, I'm only 13 Very Happy

Thanks,
Gerard

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:59 pm Reply with quote

Have you read the user supplied notes here [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] ?

If you're still having problems, do a google search on 'apache2 php5 install' and you will have a boat-load of hits.

G-Rard_B

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:06 pm Reply with quote

Hmm.....I installed it and everything seemed to go well. The problem is that when I tried opening a PHP file in IE it opened up Wordpad. I downloaded Mozilla Firefox and It didn't display a simple "Hello, world" script. How do I make it so that I can run my PHP scripts? I tried running Apache, php.exe, and both at once but it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks,
Gerard

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:09 pm Reply with quote

That would imply that you have not added the required application-type directives to Apache to cause it to recognize php files as php files Wink

G-Rard_B

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:10 pm Reply with quote

What does that mean? lol

GeekyGuy
Client

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:34 pm Reply with quote

G-Rard_B,

If you would settle for an older version of Apache and PHP, I recommend using Apache2Triad. It has a great installer, sets everything up and installs everything you need, Apache, PHP, mySQL. I have it installed, using it to locally test PHP Nuke version 7.2, 7.3, Ravens 7.3, 7.4, and will use it to play with version 7.5. You can get it here http://apache2triad.sourceforge.net/

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:13 pm Reply with quote

Somwhere in your installation instructions, usually in the PHP instructions, you should see documentation like this
Quote:
Tell Apache to parse certain extensions as PHP. For example,
let's have Apache parse the .php extension as PHP. You could
have any extension(s) parse as PHP by simply adding more, with
each separated by a space. We'll add .phtml to demonstrate.

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml

It's also common to setup the .phps extension to show highlighted PHP
source, this can be done with:

AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps

Thos directives associate php extensions to tell Apache what program to run.

G-Rard_B

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:06 pm Reply with quote

It's there. What do I have to do to run php scripts? Start Apache in Console? Monitor Apache Servers?

Thanks,
Gerard

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:10 pm Reply with quote

Have you added a line similar to this in Apache?
LoadModule php4_module c:/php/sapi/php4apache.dll

Is Apache started?

G-Rard_B

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:44 pm Reply with quote

LoadModule php5_module php/php5apache2.dll

is what I have. I ran "Test Configuration" with mine and there were no errors. I put in the one you gave me and change the location to d:/Program Files/Apache2/php/php5apache.dll (that's the file path) and I got an error when I started Apache.

Thanks,
G-Rard

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:46 pm Reply with quote

You need quote marks "d:/Program Files/Apache2/php/php5apache.dll"

G-Rard_B

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:38 am Reply with quote

Put in the quotes, no errors. It still doesn't run PHP scripts. I think I might know the problem. In the installation, I chose to run on Port 8080 rather than 80. Is that the problem? I'm not sure why, but in my very first Apache Installation, I had many more options in the "Apache Monitor Servers" program, and a few more applications. I've installed on Port 80 at least one time after that and I still didn't get those options or applications.... Bang Head Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> PHP

View next topic
View previous topic