Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.4
Darrell3831
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:50 pm Reply with quote

I'm considering upgrading to phpNuke 7.4 from my current version of 6.9 and phpBB 2.0.6.

I'd like to use the patched version available from you guy's. Right here:

http://www.ravenphpscripts.com/downloadview-details-101-PHPNuke_v7.4_-_Patched.html

Note: This includes phpBB 2.1.0. Will this be a problem?

The upgrade proccess has me concerned. I don't want to loose any content.

Note: I actually have content in the sections module. The downloads page mentioned that it's been removed from the 7.4 distrobution.

I currently have three modules that I'm slightly concerned with.

EventCalender (manual edits to core files and db)
Protector (manual edits to core files and db)
googletap

I'm willing to trash all addon modules that I currently have.

I'm willing to change from Protector to Sentinal.

How do I do this upgrade? Exactly....

Please if you have time quote this game plan into your reply and tell me what's wrong with it.

1.) Uninstall all addons such as Protector and EventCalender wich required manual edits or extra tables. (because they have auxiliary tables in the db)

2.) Apply each incremental upgrade script from 6.9 thru 7.4.

3.) Remove the core files relative to nuke 6.9. (because after uploading 7.4 I won't know what files are not required.)

4.) Upload the 7.4 distribution. (overwritting images directory)

5.) Reinstall google tap and sentinal.

My goal is to save the content from:

Sections, Content, Encyclopedia, News, WebLinks, and Forums.

I know it's a lot of ask but please if you have time, is this the right approach?

Thank you,
Darrell

Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:54 pm Reply with quote

I just did this stuff Darrell. Almost exactly the way you mentioned. You can read how I did mine here.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

The only problem I have right now is getting googletap to work right. I posted about it here but am posting it at nukeresources right now. When I get an answer I will update here.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:17 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the link.

I'm still concerned about what happens to the fourm and the sections content with this type of 5 step upgrade.

6.9 > 7.0 > 7.1 > 7.2 > 7.3 > 7.4 and the forum 2.0.6 > 2.10

Any and all comments greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
Darrell

TheosEleos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:20 pm Reply with quote

Well, I started with 6.9 almost a year ago on this site. I changed over to 7.1 without trouble other than writing mods again. That link is me changing from 7.1 to 7.4 and again no real problems to speak of. Back up all your stuff and give it a run is my only real advice.

Darrell3831

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:35 pm Reply with quote

TheosEleos,

I noticed in your signature that you are running Ravens customized 7.4, but I can't find that in the downloads section. It only goes up to 7.3 in the customized stuff.

I do see 7.4 patched.

Where did you find 7.4 Customized by Raven?

thanks,
Darrell

TheosEleos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:37 pm Reply with quote

Well, 7.4 patched is what I used. I guess that is a little different than a customized distro. I need to change my sig. Very Happy

Darrell3831

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:40 pm Reply with quote

Okay,

I see where that is.

*Sigh* Well stand back. I'm fixin' to tear up a perfectly good site...

Thanks,
Darrell

footycrazy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:09 am Reply with quote

hey guys,

I have recently bought webspace from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] i am trying to use PHPNuke, but it as older version of 6.8 and i need 7.4

I have no idea how to update this, could anyone give me a hand installing it please.

thanks,

footy

Darrell3831

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:39 pm Reply with quote

footycrazy,

Some web hosts actually provide you with installers. If you have them you'd find them in your control panel.

cPanel or Ensim etc...

For me, it's a power tool. You can install a default version provided by your host by answering three or four questions and clicking the giddy'up button.. (go or submit)

Perhaps your host also offers PHPNuke from their control panel.

If not, you can tackle a manual install yourself, taking it one step at a time and posting back when you get stuck.... Or switch to a provider that offers an auto install.

I betcha' if you lease space here from Raven that he'd have lots of tips and tools for you... (hint hint) Very Happy

Take care,
Darrell

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.4

View next topic
View previous topic