Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> MySQL
Bigboy177
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:45 am Reply with quote

1. How to read total number of items from the table...
For example: I've got many Pages in Encyclopedia... And I would like to read and display how many...

2. I've got a table field called VOTES... how can I add votes to it... I mean if in this field the number is 1, when somebody votes I want it to increase the number to 2... Then after the next vote... the number should increase to 3... and so on...

3. And one more question... How can I round the numbers... I would like to have a score displayed... but it will be an avarage score of many users' votes... and I don't want to see: Score: 7.789237649236459 but Score: 7.7 or 7.8...

I think that's all... Smile
Thanks for help... Wink

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:01 am Reply with quote

My advice is that you get a good book on PHP and MySQL. I highly recommend PHP and MySQL Web Development (Second Edition) by Luke Welling and Laura Thomson. Another great source is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] Study the Encyclopedia module and the Survey module to see how those queries are constructed Wink

Bigboy177

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:07 am Reply with quote

I know I have to buy a book... because I really started liking PHP and MySQL... But I will not buy it today... Can you please help with the questions above... Please... I'm sinishing my module... but without these three answears I won't, at least not until I buy a book...

Please help... Wink

Bigboy177

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:38 am Reply with quote

Please just help me with the last question... I've figured out the first two... But I can't do the last one... Please... Wink

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:40 am Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> MySQL

View next topic
View previous topic