Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
draxx
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:36 pm Reply with quote

News articles have authors ...

What I want is a metatag to appear on the article page for that author that was equal to the authors USERID (or USERID's defined name in their account).

The problem is I have yet to grasp the metatags for the system so I have no idea where to start.

neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:36 am Reply with quote

Authors are admin-accounts which aren't bonded on a user account and so you can't fetch it with a USERID in each way! In the SQL query of a news ID you have only the names of the admin, which has added the News to the database and the name of the informant. The informant can be the username of a registered user which has submitted a News via SubmitNews otherwise the field will be filled with the name of the admin, which has added the News to the database.

You have to use $aid (contails only the admin name) and/or the $informant for a global variable, when the article.php is loaded and before the header.php is included.

This is not an easy tweak and it needs deeper changes in many files and a research of the dynamic titles to understand how it works.

RN is using allready the meta-author-tag. So you have to close out/replace this meta-tag from the dh-meta-array, when the article page is loaded. So you have to identify the article.php before the output of dh-meta-array and before the header.php is included.

Maybe at the weekend I will find the time to create a solution for you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:40 pm Reply with quote

Thanks Neralex! You are correct - I want to use the user name of the informant or the real name attached to it.

Social media (facebook, g+) looks for this tag in an article share and will say "Article By: name here". This is good in that it inspires real people to submit worthy content and get credit for their contribution. The site name is what it uses now - but social media already identifies the site name by listing the website with the article.

I am glad to hear you suggest it is more difficult than a simple change - this means my confusion was at least not over something simple. Smile

neralex

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:09 am Reply with quote

Ok I guess you are using my META hack for Facebook and google+. If yes, you can add it along this way: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic