Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
TAd
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:31 pm Reply with quote

Hello,

I enjoy keeping my news articles, web links etc.etc. open to viewing and sadly enough in doing so I also leave the ability for anyone (even unregistered users) the ability to submit a Web link change via
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Is there a way to leave links open but only allow registered users the ability to submit modification requests? Perhaps I am missing something in the admin level, as this just seems like a hole begging to be abused. Sad

Thank you for any help you can provide,
TAd

2015-12-22_215805_edit.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  21.56 KB
 Viewed:  7195 Time(s)

2015-12-22_215805_edit.jpg

Last edited by TAd on Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total 
kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:45 am Reply with quote

In modules/Web_Links/l_config.php:
Code:
$allowlinksmodify:           Allow existing links to be modified by users (other than admin) (1=Yes 0=No)

So you can turn it off, but doing so means registered users can't modify.

TAd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:56 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
In modules/Web_Links/l_config.php:
Code:
$allowlinksmodify:           Allow existing links to be modified by users (other than admin) (1=Yes 0=No)

So you can turn it off, but doing so means registered users can't modify.

kguske, thank you!!!! I can live with that, not much of a reason to modify them very often. I appreciate it greatly!

Best regards,
TAd

Back from edititing: I just located this as well:

Code:
// $blockunregmodify:           Block unregistered users from suggesting links changes? (1=Yes 0=No)

I think a good suggestion might be to have the default set to off (0=No) in the future. I am unable to think of any reason you would want to allow anyone unregistered to submit changes to your site. I realize at times I have seen a few forums allow guest comments but even those are monitored very closely.

neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:20 am Reply with quote

TAd, this module is very old and these file based settings are an small rest of the old PHP Nuke code. For sure with a view of the current time where many spam-bots are exist it would make sense to set it to 0. It was one of the first things what i changed after a fresh install.

This module should be removed completely in the next major release or replaced with a much easier one. I tried some years ago an optimized version but I has stopped the work on it because there are so many old codelines and a complicated/outdated HTML markup in order to follow the SEO rules which makes today not more really sense to create on this way a list of weblinks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic