Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:20 pm Reply with quote

Hi Guys!

I noticed my shoutbox stopped working because of jquery loading at the bottom. I checked the block and I took at deep look and I find out where the problem was.

This part of the block at the end of the file

Code:
   $sql = ' SELECT * FROM `' . $prefix . '_shoutbox_conf`';

$resultsize = $db->sql_query($sql);
   $rowsize = $db->sql_fetchrow($resultsize);
   $ShoutMarqueeheight = $rowsize['height'];

}
switch($ShoutSubmit) {
   default:
   ShoutBox($ShoutSubmit, $prefix, $ShoutComment, $db, $user, $cookie, $shoutuid);
   break;
}

?>
<script type="text/javascript">
/* <![CDATA[ */
var SBheight = '<?php echo "$ShoutMarqueeheight"; ?>';
var SBcontent = new String('<?php echo "$mid_content"; ?>');
/* ]]> */
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="shoutbox.js"></script>
<?php

$content = "$top_content\n";
$content .= "<div align=\"left\"><script type=\"text/javascript\">document.write(SBtxt);</script></div>\n";
$content .= "$bottom_content\n";

?>

I wonder how I can split the javascript so it can work again.

Should I need to remove these lines? Can somebody take a look at this quickly. Thanks in advance.

Code:
?>

<script type="text/javascript">
/* <![CDATA[ */
var SBheight = '<?php echo "$ShoutMarqueeheight"; ?>';
var SBcontent = new String('<?php echo "$mid_content"; ?>');
/* ]]> */
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="shoutbox.js"></script>
<?php

neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:06 pm Reply with quote

There is no jquery code inside, so it can't be a jquery issue.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:27 am Reply with quote

The problem I had was fixed. Thanks for replying but I do have a question specially for you.

I noticed when I go the forum my navigation menu stop working. When I click on the menu I get all the submenus but I can not click on it. My question to you is:

Can you explain to me or share how did you manage loading jquery.js on your website. In the front page everything is working fine but the rest is still getting conflict. I think to load jquery at the end of the body is really complicated. How did u do it? Please explain with details. Thanks in advance.

neralex

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:24 am Reply with quote

1. Where? Simply, before the body-tag is closed.

2. It will not work with every jquery script. You have to test it with every jquery plugin what you have in use and you must prepare your website on some other places, too. This is not a official way to load it and its my own custom coded way. I don't want share it with you.

3. Your navigation issue also could be a CSS issue, caused by simple overrides. My navigation works completely without jquery only CSS based.

hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:27 am Reply with quote

Well, that is the fact. U can not load jquery at the end of the body together with this navigation menu. It won't work for the whole website and that is why u decided to do plan B. it is ok if you don't want to share it. I thought u wanted to help others. Keep the secret for yourself if you think u feel happy with it. Very Happy

neralex

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:19 am Reply with quote

Maybe it will not work for you on the way you have choosed to realize it. But there are a lot of other possible ways. The same for the navigation with and without jquery. But as long you only want have all served on a silver tablet without to read that was written in many other topics and without to remember yourself what you changed on your files, i don't want help you with custom stuff.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic