Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
draxx
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:10 pm Reply with quote

If I copy and paste a URL into facebook it does not transpose with any pictures - even if there are pictures on the page/ uploaded with the article - etc.

Is that a site setting? server setting? Article setting?

draxx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:23 pm Reply with quote

I think I found it: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:00 am Reply with quote

You should determine a og:image for that, also you need og:title and og:description. Otherwise FB will scan all possible images from your posted link. But all of these open graph meta tags are not valid. I have solved this issue with sniffing the user-agent from FB wihle scanning a posted link. The og:image should have a sice not smaller than 200px.

The debug-tool on FB is only to test or reset a posted link. Please note: if you have posted a link and if you have changed the text from the link, then you must reset the posted link with the debug-tool on FB.

I have played for while ago with it and have posted an example. It works fine on my radiopage but its an individual hack and it must not work on every RN. Its solved my own issue with the FB open graph but i have expanded my News module with a own image-management to get a unique image for every article. But it could be have everytime the same image.

Here my example, but be careful with it, if you don't have a clue how it works. Its not a official extension!
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:36 pm Reply with quote

I am not sure if I have to start a new topic or I can ask here. any way it has to do with share on facebook.

When I want share an article I get the next erro

You are using an invalid Ip

Be SURE to include the following information in any email!User Agent: facebookexternalhit/1.1 (+http://www.facebook.com/externalhit_uatext.php)Remote Address: noneClient IP: noneForwarded For: none

I don't know why Blonde Moment

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:04 am Reply with quote

OffTopic

It seems you have an issue with your IP lists of the sentinel. I have never seen this message while facebook is scanning a link.

BTW I have the same problem while opening your website:

Code:
You have attempted to access this site with an invalid IP.

If you think this is a mistake you can contact the site webmaster at ...

Be SURE to include the following information in any email!
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0
Remote Address: none
Client IP: none
Forwarded For: none

Maybe an admin can split it.

hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:17 am Reply with quote

doffer, I think u need to take care of your site asap. I found out u got several error on your site.

I got this from page source. in the beginning

Code:
 <div style="direction:ltr!important"><?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC \"-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN\"><html dir="rtl" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml xml:lang="en" lang="en" /><!DOCTYPE html

PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
   "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">
<head>

In the bottom u got this.

Code:
</body>

</html></div>

but facebook's plugin is not working properly on your site. U got html5 mixed with xhtml.

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html>

<html lang="en" id="facebook" class="no_js">
<head><meta charset="utf-8" /><meta name="robots" content="noodp, noydir" /><meta name="referrer" content="default" id="meta_referrer" /><script></script><title>Facebook</title><style>body.plugin{background:transparent;overflow:hidden}body{background:#fff;color:#333;line-height:1.28;margin:0;padding:0;text-align:left;direction:ltr;unicode-bidi:embed}
body, button, input, label, select, td, textarea{font-family:'lucida grande',tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif;font-size:11px}
h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6{font-size:13px;color:#333;margin:0;padding:0}
h1{font-size:14px}...etc....

Satellite block doesn't work neither!!! Shocked

doffer83

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:18 pm Reply with quote

Let me thank you first of all for ur respons

I just removed more than dirty code I added one time.. I just kept dir="rtl" in the header..

I also tried to displayed sentinel and shared an article.. just the same

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic