Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Converting/Creating Modules
hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:35 pm Reply with quote

Hi everybody!

I was checking out some html Flash modules I made long time ago. When I was validating the module I found out embed was not supporting anymore and I got warning which I solved inmediatetly.

Question: What should be the best way to make Flash module?

Examples of my module
index.php (not validated)

Code:
<html>

<head>
   <title>Flash Calculator</title>
</head>

<body bgcolor="#ffffff">

<div align="center" valign="top">
<br /><a href="http://www.bestbuildpc.org"><font size="4"><strong>Flash Calculator</strong></font></a>
<br />
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0" width="300" height="400" id="overclock" align="middle">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="calculator_00" />
<param name="movie" value="modules/Calculator/images/calculator_00.swf" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#eceded" />
<embed src="modules/Calculator/images/calculator_00.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#eceded" width="300" height="400" name="Calculator" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="calculator_00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
</object>
<br />
<br />
</strong></font></div>

</body>
</html>

index.html ( I made it simple and validated) I would like to see more examples or better ways to make it.

Code:
<div align="center">

<br /><a href="http://www.yoursite.com"><strong>Flash Calculator</strong></a>
<br />
<br />
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
data="modules/Calculator/images/calculator_00.swf"
width="400" height="500">
<param name="movie" value="modules/Calculator/images/calculator_00.swf" />
<param name="quality" value="high"/>
<param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
</object>
<br />
<br />
</div>

Note: You can see embed is not use any more. We use data. What do you think about it guys.

index.php to call the html

Code:
<?php

/**********************************/
/*  Module Configuration          */
/* (right side on) v3.1           */
/* Remove the following line      */
/* will remove the right side     */
define('INDEX_FILE', true);
$index = 1;

include("header.php");
OpenTable();
include ("index.html");
CloseTable();
include("footer.php");

I do know iphone can not read flash but is there another way to make it so it is compatible with Mac OS? Shocked

neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:50 pm Reply with quote

Why don't you write the content of the index.html in the index.php?

Code:
echo '<div class="text-center">'

. '   <br />'
   . '   <a href="http://www.yoursite.com"><span class="thick">Flash Calculator</span></a>'
   . '   <br />'
   . '   <br />'
   . '   <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="modules/Calculator/images/calculator_00.swf" width="400" height="500">'
   . '      <param name="movie" value="modules/Calculator/images/calculator_00.swf" />'
   . '      <param name="quality" value="high" />'
   . '      <param name="wmode" value="transparent" />'
   . '   </object>'
   . '   <br />'
   . '   <br />'
   . '</div>';

You mean iOS or MacOS, because you can get the flashplayer for MacOS but not for iOS?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:28 pm Reply with quote

I mean iOS, I guess I read it is possible since I can play video from Youtube.

Check this out and let me know if this is a better way.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] or

I found this site [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

where my iphone can play very well flash videos. I think we need to move asap to html 5. Is it possible to make without html5?

Sorry if I am not explaining well? My idea is to be able to read flash with my iphone, any flash block or module with simple codes.

Embarassed

Edit:

I use your code in order to make the module in php. Here is the final step but my iphone can not read that. Crying or Very sad

Code:
<?php

/*  Module Configuration          */
/* (right side on) v3.1           */
/* Remove the following line      */
/* will remove the right side     */
define('INDEX_FILE', true);
$index = 1;
include('header.php');
OpenTable();

echo '<div class="text-center">'
   . '   <br />'
   . '   <a href="http://www.yoursite.com"><span class="thick">Flash Calculator</span></a>'
   . '   <br />'
   . '   <br />'
   . '   <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="modules/Calculator/images/calculator_00.swf" width="400" height="500">'
   . '      <param name="movie" value="modules/Calculator/images/calculator_00.swf" />'
   . '      <param name="quality" value="high" />'
   . '      <param name="wmode" value="transparent" />'
   . '   </object>'
   . '   <br />'
   . '   <br />'
   . '</div>';

CloseTable();
include('footer.php');

This module is validated too. Very Happy

Last edited by hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc on Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total 
neralex

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:49 pm Reply with quote

We don't need switch to html5, because html5 is not validated. It gives no real standards for this. Only for displaying flash objects on the iphone, we don't need html5. Sorry, but i hate this bad apple phone. You can use with a android phone all things much better. SWFobject put the flash object in javascript, not more. But you need the flashplayer, too!

My suggestion, buy a new android phone and you have a perfect world Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:00 pm Reply with quote

Shocked

Are you saying that iphone is bad? Million of people are using iphone and for me it is one of the best device nowadays. Remember iOS is based on Debian. The software and the device do not have competitors. I tried many smartphones like Samsung Galaxy I,II and III but they are still behind. iphon5 is coming soon.

Changing the subject I do want to solve this problem without using html 5. Is there otherway to do it?

neralex

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:19 pm Reply with quote

For me is the iphone the badest smart phone ever! Just because a lot of people use something, is it not better! For example: Millions of people listen to bad music, but the music is not better, because they hear it!

The iOS have many bugs and you have many problems with this smartphone. It begins with flash and end with so much things. Apple does not sell any good technology, they only sell an expensive image. Its for me a bad company with to much expensive products.

Android based on linux, too. But this is an other story. The fact is, adobe has blocked flash for the iphone and i like it! Smile

killing-hours
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:22 pm Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Android wrote:
Building on the contributions of the open-source Linux community and more than 300 hardware, software, and carrier partners, Android has rapidly become the fastest-growing mobile OS.

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Not to mention the iphone gets changed like a girls wardrobe as to trap you into the "next best thing" buy buy buy cycle. :-B

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:02 am Reply with quote

Whether you like Apple or not, the bottom line is the web is going to be predominantly viewed by mobile devices very quickly. One cannot just dismiss a large, if not currently dominant, player in that market if you want to retain eye-balls. Wink

Hey, I've hated Micro$oft and G$$gle over the years too, but they, like many politicians and lawyers, are a necessary evil. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Converting/Creating Modules

View next topic
View previous topic