Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
thumpn8974
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:33 pm Reply with quote

I am missing my text boxes for html newsletter, news, etc. I didn't upload the "editor" file from the includes/FCKeditor/editor directory initially. So, I went back and overwrote the one that was already in there. I turned on my error messages, and when I previewed my html newsletter and went back, I had this pop up at the top:

Quote:
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

I don't know what all that is exactly. So, if there is something I may have done wrong I would appreciate it.
I upgraded from 2.40.01 to 2.5.

Also getting this error:
Quote:

ERROR - B1 - Unable to open response table!

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:27 am Reply with quote

thumpn8974, two things:

1) Did you follow all the steps in the Upgrade instructions for 2.5, including running the rndb_upgrade.php script?

2) If you had not made any customizations in your HTML_Newsletter within 2.4, you should try and upload this modules/HTML_Newsletter folder again.

I am thinking that you have either skipped some steps along the way or very possibly have a bunch of problems with your files not uploading properly. I would use only a very trusted FTP program to do the uploads and do so in BINARY. My favorite (and free) is FileZilla.

It also looks like you have tried to paste something in from Microsoft Word! That is usually a bad idea... a huge mess because of Word, not because of your content! Maybe try the Paste From Word icon in the editor instead and see if that helps.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:10 am Reply with quote

Or try Paste as Plain text. That gets rid of all the garbage that Word sends.

thumpn8974

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:45 pm Reply with quote

What I did is not read it right. I ended up removing the new editor file for the newsletter and I think that is what caused the issue. Once I uploaded and overwrote the old "editor" file, everything seems to work fine, so far.

montego

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:20 pm Reply with quote

Awesome. Thanks for letting us know.

fpg-merlin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:13 pm Reply with quote

I have done a fresh install with RN v2.51
I have only included the files with in the html folder,
and carried out the install as instructed, carrying out the environmental check, creating the tables then progressing to admin name ect..
deleted the installation file.
when I'm in admin I can edit the data forms, but the content windows I can't write or see anything in them.
Also if I select a button such as picture it takes me to another screen then stops/freezes.

I have re installed again this time using Filezilla for the [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
But still no change

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:37 pm Reply with quote

Anything in your error.log or site error messages? Which browsers have you tried?

fpg-merlin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:27 am Reply with quote

It seems it was the browser.
The backend didn't like IE,
only when I tried Chrome did it let me edit in the newsletter ect...
Gone bold for nothing lol
speedtype

Thanks for your help Guys

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:26 pm Reply with quote

Curious - which version of IE?

fpg-merlin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:51 am Reply with quote

I'm using IE 10 on windows 7

neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:29 am Reply with quote

IE10 makes some really strange things. One of the badest version in the IE history. MS would do us all a favor if they would finally stop the development of this browser.

In all areas you can't type in the editor-field of FCK. If you have more than one editor-fields, then you can see the editor only in the last field but you can't type in there, all other fields are not usable - the editor is not displayed.

The CK works fine with IE10.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic