Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues
rrclansite
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:31 am Reply with quote

I've browsed the forums about these problems, but haven't found a clue on how to resolve mine...

Recently my webhost managed to crash their servers and it took me a while to figure out that my problem would most likely be related to that.

What happened:
Servers crashed, website was down for aprox half a day, came back online again, but I didn't notice anything wrong with it.

Problem currently at hands:
Captcha not showing up.
I've asked about the GD extension, they say it is FreeType compiled / encrypted.

If anyone has a solution at hands it would be much appreciated.

best regards,
rrclansite / actnreactgaming

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:04 am Reply with quote

rrclansite, from what I can recall, there are two main causes (and threads here to address):

1) Not having FreeType2 support with GD, or
2) Either having corrupted base images or missing ones (or not 644?)

A question, though, are you using ShortLinks and if so, are all your re-writes working properly? (Just thinking the one link to the captcha image could also be broken, but if all your other re-writes are working, this will not be it.

My guess is that 1) still isn't quite right. I don't know what they mean by "encrypted". Makes me wonder if they've got it set up right.

rrclansite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:14 am Reply with quote

well ive read some previous posts about this issue. I thought it had something to do with encryption or compilation. Their exact words were:
Quote:

Frank: but could you tell me if it is FreeType or TrueType on the GD extension ?
Frank: perhaps it is compiled wrong after the latest server crash and it needs a re-compile
Vina Knight: It is FreeType.

with 2) would that mean i have to re-upload images/captcha folder?

I've checked permission settings aswell folders in images are all set to 755 and images in the captcha folder are 644

and what do you mean with ShortLinks?

rrclansite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:26 am Reply with quote

looks like either:

1. my webhost was the failing link in the process
2. after setting permissions to 755 on all folders of the images directory it needed a while before my website actually showed it all.

because when browsing these forums i read something about file and directory permissions, I came to the conclusion that my images folder subfolders were all set to 777

seems like it was a self fixing problem.... its all good now...

montego

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:10 pm Reply with quote

Very good.

Just to elaborate a bit, almost all directories should be 755 and almost all files should be 644. There are a select few files in the RN CMS which need to be 666 and just a small set of directories need to be 777. These are covered in the docs.

j4rdin
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:16 pm Reply with quote

Not sure if this will help but I have just had a similar problem and it looks like mod_security had been turned on by my host. All worked fine up to beginning of December, then not possible to log-on as user or admin.

montego

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:07 am Reply with quote

Yeah, I wasn't very happy with my host's core set of mod_security rulesets. Luckily I rent my own server so I could switch to those from GotRoot. Thought I'd mention it for those who have more control over their environment (such as VPS or dedicated server).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic