Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Converting/Creating Modules
thebishop
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:59 am Reply with quote

I would like to stop download leeching on my site.

I have the fetchmod module, but the modules/downloads/index.php file is totally different in ravennuke than it is for regular nuke 7.6, So I'm not sure how to edit it in order to get it to work. Any help appreciated.

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:02 am Reply with quote

I think montego is pretty close on his TegoNukeā„¢/NSN Group Downloads module Smile [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

which will have anti-leaching capability Wink

thebishop

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:21 pm Reply with quote

That's good to hear, I will look forward to the new release. thanks.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:40 pm Reply with quote

Or just store you files below the webroot, that way they can only be accessed by PHP.

thebishop

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:31 pm Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
Or just store you files below the webroot, that way they can only be accessed by PHP.

Thanks Guardian003: That would be out side of the public html folder correct ?

@Raven: How did you get fetchmodg to work with this site ?

I have thousands of files and would still like to be able to use it in the future, as that's what I have been using for years. Cool

thebishop

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:36 pm Reply with quote

Why can I not edit my last post ?

thebishop

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:38 pm Reply with quote

That was very strange, I tried to edit my last post three times and it would not show the edit, until I posted the 2nd post about me not being able to edit my prior post. hmmm.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:53 pm Reply with quote

@ thebishop, yes that would mean storing your files outside of the public_html directory, which is always a good thing to do.
Alternatively you could add a htacces file in the publicly accessible directory and add an deny from all directive which prevents direct access to the files.
Other more complicated methods, probably not supported by the module by default is to 'stream' the file either by changing the default mime type handler for the file type or changing the header content type to 'disposition' - this is more of a prevention technique to hide the true location of the file and without the true location, you cannot link to the file directly.

thebishop

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:06 pm Reply with quote

Good information, thanks again Guardian2003, I owe you one of my famous apple pies for next Xmas Smile

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:18 pm Reply with quote

Here is the basic approach being used:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

However, it will break your admin validation links. I think that is a minor annoyance though.

thebishop

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 3:11 am Reply with quote

Are you still working on this Montego ?

montego

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:37 pm Reply with quote

Yes, had to get out a new ShortLinks based upon some issues found and posted here. Now that that is done, I've already started back into final touches development. It is so close, I can taste it, but, unfortunately, since its going to my first release of it, there is a bunch of documentation and re-packing also to do. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks I can release it. If you want a pretty good beta version (but no instructions...), PM me here with your email address. I just ask that if you do take a beta, that you post any issues found over at my Forum for TegoNuke(tm)/NSN Downloads.

thebishop

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 2:40 am Reply with quote

Awesome, This is going to be something that will help so many site admins. I will pm you thanks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Converting/Creating Modules

View next topic
View previous topic