Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues
rrclansite
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:44 am Reply with quote

Is it possible to use the Nuke downloads (from RN 2.40.01) in a way such that i do not have to add a download link? I just want to be able to host the files which should be available for download on my webhost.

I don't know if i'm making any sense here, or i don't know if i need Advanced downloads block for it

thanks for your time
best regards,
rrclansite

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:53 am Reply with quote

What do you want to do instead of adding a link?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:52 am Reply with quote

well i want to have some sort of this:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I know this is e107 rather than RavenNuke but its most likely something i wish to have on my website

I don't know if this answers your question and if its possible?

best regards,
rrclansite

dad7732

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:23 pm Reply with quote

The "get" button is still a link. I assume you want a button much like that one?

killing-hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:47 pm Reply with quote

Wouldn't that be akin to a directory listing module of some sort? Whereas, instead of adding downloads manually (links)... you'd just upload files and the module would create a list as it's loaded.

rrclansite

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:16 am Reply with quote

well the problem i'm having, and i might be just picky here, is that i want to have no third parties involved to host my files (like zShare or something) i just want to upload the files for download to my webhost (since i got like unlimited MB's to use)

And i simply don't know how to do it, perhaps its possible within the current module as it is, but i will need some explaining in how to do it.

I'm currently going with FatCow hosting (http://www.fatcow.com/) if that's of any help

If you guys could help me out in how to sort it, that would be much appreciated.

P.S. i think killing-hours is thinking in the right direction of my needs, but i don't know if such modules are around?

best regards,
rrclansite

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:21 am Reply with quote

rrclansite, still not following you. If you wish to use the Download module, you FTP the download archive/file to your server wherever it is publically accessible via a link and then use that link for the Download URL.

killing-hours

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:09 am Reply with quote

Yes... I understand what you're saying. Rather than ftp'ing the files up, then manually entering links to the files one by one... you'd rather ftp the files up and let the end user load the page and for the script itself to generate the display information based on a scan of the directory.

I.e. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

These are not nuke based... but they can be integrated fairly easily I would assume. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Hope that helps get you closer to what you're looking for. Wink

------------

I may have a run at this in the near future (making a nuke module from it), however, I'm a bit pre-occupied at this time. Please pm me so I have some reminder about this in my inbox clansite.

nuken

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:50 am Reply with quote

See if this is what you are looking for. It is the downloads module with an upload feature. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:40 pm Reply with quote

I'll throw my favorite tool in the hat: File Thingie

It's not nice and integrated like nuken's enhanced Download module with uploads, but it has a lot of nice features nonetheless.

rrclansite

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:51 pm Reply with quote

Nuken thanks for that module you posted Smile
just a few questions:

1. do i need to chmod several things?
2. where can i access the upload feature? (is it perhaps clicking the file link bar? because that's giving me an error saying: incorrect .htaccess file. cannot rewrite it!)

other than that if the upload feature is going to work properly i think this might just be what i'm looking for Smile

best regards,
rrclansite

nuken

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:43 pm Reply with quote

That depends on how your server is set up. If your server is not using suexec, you will need to set Downloads2/kcfinder/uploads to 777 as well as the .htaccess to 666. If your server does use suexec, the 755 and 644 will be fine....

Yes, just click the file field and you should see the file/upload browser.

rrclansite

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:16 pm Reply with quote

yep its running suexec...

still i tried it out but it still giving me the error that the .htaccess is not writeable... should i do the .htaccess in the main folder, or the .htaccess in the Downloads/kcfinder/upload folder? (i tried the latter one)

hmmzzz this module is most likely what i'm looking for but if the upload module is not going to work i dunno ...

wish i wasn't this retarded at this kind of stuff Blonde Moment

hope to hear from you all soon Smile
best regards,
rrclansite

nuken

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:24 pm Reply with quote

Try deleting the htaccess in the uploads directory. It should write the correct on for you.

rrclansite

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:31 pm Reply with quote

still not working...

ill give it a rest for today, ill delete the complete folder and see if re-uploading works.

hope i can count on some more support after this =]

nuken

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:39 pm Reply with quote

Look in the modules/Downloads2/kcfinder/config.php and find

Code:
'_check4htaccess' => true,

try to change that to
Code:
'_check4htaccess' => false,

and see if that fixes it.

rrclansite

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:46 pm Reply with quote

Nuken, you're my hero Wave :clap: RavensScripts Cheers worship

that settled it =]

glad to have such wonderous support.
If i ever have the money i will most deffinitively donate something to this site and you guys make sure you get your share out of it =].

my best thanks so far towards:
Nuken
Palbin
SpasticDonkey

for being the biggest supports on my errors and failures and helping me out in my hours of need.

Killing-Hours thank you for thinking along in the same lines, that's been great aswell

for those who i didn't mention so far, and perhaps forgot about... thank you aswell

best regards,
rrclansite

rrclansite

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:35 am Reply with quote

one minor last question, if i may be so bold Smile

I noticed that the file upload maximum is 2M (i think this refers to 2MiB?)
is there any way to remove the cap, or increase the cap to say.... 500MiB for instance?

best regards,
rrclansite

nuken

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:34 am Reply with quote

That is a php setting on your server. If you want to increase it, you will probably need to contact them and ask if they will change it for you.

rrclansite

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:57 am Reply with quote

ah ok =] will contact my webhost then Smile

thanks for the support, you've been great

best regards,
rrclansite

montego

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:51 am Reply with quote

You could try adding PHP flags to your .htaccess like this:

Code:

php_value post_max_size 20971520
php_value upload_max_filesize 20971520

This is for 20MG uploads. This has to go in an .htaccess file in the root of your *nuke site. If putting those in your .htaccess causes you to get a blank white page when you access your site, your host does not allow these to be changed by you.

rrclansite

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:36 pm Reply with quote

erm... i thought i got the Downloads2 module to work, uploader screen loads all proper... but then when i upload the file, it says: unknown error >,<

anyone got any ideas?

rrclansite

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:56 pm Reply with quote

i just can't seem to understand how this stuff works... >,<

so i tried the KCuploader... doesn't work for me giving me the Unknown error thing
when i try to upload it by FTP towards the (KCfinder/files/) folder it gives me an 404 error saying page not found.

Are there any extensions of files which i can't use for uploading? or should i generally .rar them or something???

i have no fricking clue and i'm getting frustrated by this Sad
please help the newb out in his hours of need

best regards,
rrclansite

hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:20 pm Reply with quote

hi rrclansite, it is working properly with me, I tested on RavenNuke, on phpnuke 8.1 patch and no problems found.

nuken

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:11 am Reply with quote

Turn on your error reporting in config.php. See what kind of error is being generated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic