Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BBtoNuke
FireATST
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:43 am Reply with quote

Sorry I have been gone a while on other life stuff. Has there been any advances or completions with either a working bridge from Nuke to phpbb3 or an integration? Have searched the forums and only came up with dead links to sites that are no longer working or the links on their sites are dead. Thanks

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:14 am Reply with quote

There is work on a RavenNuke phpBB3 bridge as we speak.
I have done some work on the bridge offered at osc2nuke on my site that seems to work well with RavenNuke. I am sure the bridge that is in the works here will be much better than what I have though. If you want the one I have for download, here is the link: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I have included a phpbb2nuke to phpbb3 database utility in the download that allows your old posts to be moved to the phpbb3 install. I have a demo set up also. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:21 am Reply with quote

Thanks Nuken, I will take a look at it...Smile

nuken

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:36 am Reply with quote

I also have some matching phpbb3/RavenNuke themes on my site. The fisubice phpbb3 theme and the RavenNuke prosilver.

FireATST

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:42 am Reply with quote

So far so good....Smile Will be doing some testing on it, but will take a peek at your matching themes later. The one site is use the fiblack3d theme, so will eventually be looking around for a similar forums theme.

FireATST

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:46 pm Reply with quote

The setup is working well so far. One thing I did notice is if I log out of the website, it still leaves me logged in on the forums. No biggie for me....been spending time testing and going through the numerous mods and hacks available for phpbb3. Thanks Nuken!

nuken

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:42 am Reply with quote

I found that out too. The session is not being terminated in phpBB3.

bobbyg
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:28 am Reply with quote

I loaded [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] on a new site, but had problems with the bridge from RN.
First was _authors not found (solved problem by adding $prefix=(the rn prefix: i.e. nuke) to the config file in /phpBB3

The other problem was that it would always then bridge over logged in as administrator. To solve this I changed ".$user_prefix."_users to ".$prefix."_users in phpbb3.php.

Now it works perfectly restricting access from rn to forums based on user and group setting in rn. I set it up so you can only get to the forum if you are logged in to the rn website. When you logout of the forum, it returns you to the rn website, but you will be logged out of it also.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] has phpBB3 styles available for free.

fondy
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:39 am Reply with quote

nuken wrote:
There is work on a RavenNuke phpBB3 bridge as we speak.
link: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Hi, tried to register at trickedoutnews but get no email with the activation link so I cant download the the rn to phpbb3 bridge at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Can someone give it to me ?

regards from paal

nuken

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:22 am Reply with quote

Try and register again and I will activate your account.

nuken

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:30 am Reply with quote

Your fondy account is activated at Trickedoutnews.com now. You should be able to log in.

fondy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:35 pm Reply with quote

nuken wrote:
Your fondy account is activated at Trickedoutnews.com now. You should be able to log in.

Thanks a lot nuken

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BBtoNuke

View next topic
View previous topic