Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues
dad7732
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:41 am Reply with quote

Old VPS:

RN 2.4.0
MySQL 4
PHP 5

New VPS

MySQL 5
PHP 5

Created DB on new VPS, all but two tables migrated:

SEO Feed
SEO master dh

All tables populated

All I get is a blank page when accessing newly transferred site, no page source, just completely blank.

Ideas as to where to start looking?

The old production site is still active until we can figure this one out.

Cheers

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:03 am Reply with quote

First question I have to ask is why did those tables not migrate?

Next if you have not already go into config.php and turn error reporting to true. Then in rnconfig trun error reporting to ALL and sql logging to 1. Then try to load the index and see if you get anything.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
dad7732

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:08 am Reply with quote

Re: 1st question .. didn't want to load the error messages until asked, so here they are:
Code:

Error at the line 25: ) TYPE=MyISAM;

Query: CREATE TABLE nuke_seo_dh_master (
mid int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
order int(5) NOT NULL default '0',
type varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
name varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
default varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
active int(1) NOT NULL default '0',
PRIMARY KEY (mid),
KEY order (order)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

MySQL: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'order int(5) NOT NULL default '0', type varchar(50) NOT NULL default '', nam' at line 3
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Error at the line 49: ) TYPE=MyISAM;

Query: CREATE TABLE nuke_seo_feed (
fid int(6) NOT NULL auto_increment,
content varchar(20) NOT NULL default '',
name varchar(20) NOT NULL default '',
level varchar(20) NOT NULL default '',
lid int(6) NOT NULL default '0',
title varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
desc text NOT NULL,
order varchar(20) NOT NULL default '',
howmany char(3) NOT NULL default '',
active int(1) NOT NULL default '0',
desclimit varchar(5) NOT NULL default '',
securitycode varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
cachetime varchar(6) NOT NULL default '',
feedburner_address varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
PRIMARY KEY (fid),
KEY content (content,title)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

MySQL: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'desc text NOT NULL, order varchar(20) NOT NULL default '', howmany char(3) N' at line 8

I will follow your directions for the second part, will report back.

Thanks

dad7732

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:18 am Reply with quote

PM'd you the errors (personal info involved), thanks

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:19 am Reply with quote

If you imported the sql backup file in phpMyAdmin, did you change "Format of imported file" from NONE to MYSQL40?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:22 am Reply with quote

I think the problem is quite simple, all of the files didn't upload .. geeze!!! Sad

/modules/ was missing .. uploading now.

dad7732

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:48 am Reply with quote

Made sure all files are uploaded, now it's getting worse, the site comes up but with more errors, see the URL I PM'd you in the error text.

Palbin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:27 am Reply with quote

Make sure the rnlog file has proper permissions. That should take care of all the fopen type notices.

END_TRANSACTION should be defined at the top of mainfile.php so I do not know why you would be getting that notice unless you are using a script that includes the db files on there own.

Does modules\nukeNAV\language\lang-english.php exist?

dad7732

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:32 am Reply with quote

Working the errors down to just a few now:

Same error on 3 lines:
Code:

Notice: Use of undefined constant END_TRANSACTION - assumed 'END_TRANSACTION' in /home/myname/www/mysite.com/db/mysql.php on line 149

A mimetype.php error but I think that relates to the two SEO tables that didn't load.

And numerous Nuke_Nav errors:

Code:

Notice: Use of undefined constant _NAV_FORUMS - assumed '_NAV_FORUMS' in /home/myname/www/mysite.com/includes/jquery/nukeNAV.php on line 84

Notice: Use of undefined constant _NAV_FORUMS - assumed '_NAV_FORUMS' in /home/myname/www/mysite.com/includes/jquery/nukeNAV.php on line 86

Notice: Use of undefined constant _NAV_NEWPOSTS - assumed '_NAV_NEWPOSTS' in /home/myname/www/mysite.com/includes/jquery/nukeNAV.php on line 87

Notice: Use of undefined constant _NAV_UNANSWERED - assumed '_NAV_UNANSWERED' in /home/myname/www/mysite.com/includes/jquery/nukeNAV.php on line 88

Notice: Use of undefined constant _NAV_YOURACCOUNT - assumed '_NAV_YOURACCOUNT' in /home/myname/www/mysite.com/includes/jquery/nukeNAV.php on line 102

Notice: Use of undefined constant _NAV_SITEINFO - assumed '_NAV_SITEINFO' in /home/myname/www/mysite.com/includes/jquery/nukeNAV.php on line 127

Notice: Use of undefined constant _NAV_RECOMMEND - assumed '_NAV_RECOMMEND' in /home/myname/www/mysite.com/includes/jquery/nukeNAV.php on line 135

Notice: Use of undefined constant _NAV_LEGAL - assumed '_NAV_LEGAL' in /home/myname/www/mysite.com/includes/jquery/nukeNAV.php on line 139

Notice: Use of undefined constant _NAV_STATS - assumed '_NAV_STATS' in /home/myname/www/mysite.com/includes/jquery/nukeNAV.php on line 143

The _NAV errors may be table related, I'll have to check that.

Last edited by dad7732 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:34 am; edited 2 times in total 
Palbin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:33 am Reply with quote

At this point I would set error reporting back to false in config.php and just look in the error_log file for php errors.

dad7732

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:56 am Reply with quote

Ok ... but getting somewhere now ... The module Nuke_Nav was missing, so I imported it and it showed up in the table .. but .. it does not show up in the list of modules in the ACP. And afterwards it's missing again in the table.

Something is blocking this module .. dunno, at an impasse at the moment and will turn off error reporting as you suggest.

dad7732

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:23 am Reply with quote

At this point, I'm putting it aside as it's not critical at this juncture. The old VPS will remain with it's 30 domains, I only wanted the major support domain transferred because of it's intensive resources, etc. Gonna take the new VPS one little step at a time. Seems like Nuke_Nave isn't working for whatever reason. Will report back with progress as it happens.

dad7732

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:33 am Reply with quote

Actually what I'm going to do is to wipe the site, drop the DB and then install the very latest RN and from there will import the populated tables from the existing support site's DB. I've done this many times in the past, just that it's a bit laborious but works.

Palbin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:45 pm Reply with quote

i would just run a db update on your existing db and then do a comparison with the db utility to see how it matches up against a stock 2.40.01. Of course that will not remove any extra tables that may be there.

dad7732

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:40 am Reply with quote

All done and works just fine now. Created a new RN installation and then imported the most important populated tables over, ie., forums posts and configurations, Content (FAQS), users and site configuration, etc. Also moved over the NSNST tables for blockers, blocked IP's and so on.

Thanks for all the heads-up replies that got the old gray matter cranked and running. Also, we're running with latin1_swedish_ci now. Looks like we'll be ready for RN 3. BTW: it's [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and was using a non-production domain for testing and was no hassle to change domain names and so on in the server config.

Cheers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic