Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues
Doulos
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:45 pm Reply with quote

I don't know how long this has been going on. I have not entered a new story for a very long time, but ... here is a pic of the problem This used to happen if I scrolled down before the page had finished loading, but now it is occurring even when I wait for it to be done. It happens no matter what theme I use.

News module included in RN 2.40.01 - not tricked out.

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:35 pm Reply with quote

Try to delete your browsers cache to clear the js file. If it still does not work, re upload the news module.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:05 pm Reply with quote

Nope that did not work. Uploading.

Edit: Same result after upload. Tried Tricked Out News - same result. I will re-upload core files and see how it works.

Edit2: Same result after uploading all 2.40.01 files anew. The only js I am using is google ads included in /includes/custom_files/custom_header.php

nuken

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:36 pm Reply with quote

That is very odd. Are you submitting news through the admin control panel or the submit news user link?

Edit: Never mind, I see in the image that you are using the acp. I would assume it is a javascript conflict with something.

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:01 pm Reply with quote

one issue with includes/custom_files/custom_header.php is it loads the scripts after the </head> tag and before the <body> - so it breaks compliance and I guess that could cause issues..?

Code:

echo "\n\n", '</head>', "\n";
   if (file_exists(INCLUDE_PATH . 'includes/custom_files/custom_header.php')) {
      include_once INCLUDE_PATH . 'includes/custom_files/custom_header.php';
   }

I believe it's still used as a stop-gap for old modules, etc. Better to use the newer method. It's outlined in the wiki, but here kguske's demo which helps to outline several methods.

kguske wrote:
No need to peel your eyes for long, spasticdonkey! Smile

Here is a file that includes examples of how to create addons that require CSS and / or JS at the following levels:

- site HEAD section: nukeINFO(tm) (admin PHP info function)
- site BODY section: nukeSTATS(tm) featuring Google Analytics
- module HEAD section: nukeGAMES(tm) featuring jQuery Sudoku by Chip Camden

The only change required is to rnconfig.php if you want to use Google Analytics. This could be added as a database configuration if we move in the direction of a more flexible configuration file. But for purposes of demonstrating RN's dynamic CSS / JS load process for addons, this should suffice. It even includes samples of how to develop addons that work with RN's dynamic CSS / JS load and with other Nuke flavors that don't support that.

After vetting this, if there are no major issues, I'll update the wiki to refer to this, too.

although if this is google ad code and you are trying to add at the very top of the site, you may have to add it to your theme.php to get it after the body tag. I guess first thing to try is to remove your includes/custom_files/custom_header.php and see what happens..

Doulos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:13 pm Reply with quote

Removed custom_header.php - no change.

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:05 pm Reply with quote

hmmm... guessing here, but try looking in the includes directory of your site, is there two directories:
FCKeditor and fckeditor???

If so, and you never used the editor to upload files, you can delete the FCKeditor directory (important, not fckeditor) , and see if that helps. If you have uploaded files, delete everything inside the FCKeditor folder except the "upload" directory.

If you don't have that going on, what browser are you using? Does this happen in more than one browser?

Doulos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:27 pm Reply with quote

No, FCKeditor, only fckeditor.

Firefox mostly, but I tried IE and Opera also.

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:38 pm Reply with quote

i registered at your site so I could see the submit news module, if you could activate my acct..

Doulos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:51 pm Reply with quote

done

Doulos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:54 pm Reply with quote

I just changed submit news module registered users instead of admin only.

Submit news works, but when I go to the admin section to view/approve the news I get the same problem as in my original post.

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:12 pm Reply with quote

hmmm, something is weird, the Submit_News module, instead of a missing Story Text it has a google ad in it's place.??? It appears to be the same ad from the bottom of the page.. something about it is causing havoc.

google ads don't usually display in admin so that might explain the blank section in the acp too. Try removing or relocating that second ad and see what happens.

Last edited by spasticdonkey on Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Doulos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:15 pm Reply with quote

That does not happen when I log in as a non-admin test user and try to submit news.

Just to see for sure, I removed ads from footer.php, created a new user logged in and everything worked fine. I still able to submit news but everything is just as described in original post.

I will remove the custom_header and see what happens then get back.

Edit: Nope still can't enter anything in Story Text area, but can in the Extended Text area, as before.

Edit2: I was able to approve the submitted news and it showed up. I still cannot create news via the ACP, but at least I can get new up there one way.

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:35 pm Reply with quote

i can't reproduce it in IE or Chrome, but now I'm getting no editors and 2 ads in FF even after clearing cache, etc. not sure what to say.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic