Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:04 pm Reply with quote

I've recently converted a static HTML website to RavenNuke and I am trying to redirect all HTML pages to the corresponding page in RN, using a 301 Redirect in the .htaccess. Unfortunately this appears to be creating an Internal Server Error.

This is an example of the lines I am trying to add:

Code:
Redirect 301 /old/oldpage.html http://www.mydomain.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6

Does anybody have any idea what I am doing wrong? Confused

Thanks in advance

jakec

jakec

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 11:45 pm Reply with quote

I figured out what was causing the server error. There was a space in one of the filenames and when I removed that redirect the page and redirects started working correctly. Very Happy

hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:00 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
There was a space in one of the filenames and when I removed that redirect the page and redirects started working correctly

This is a really important issue. Lots of people dont activate space option when they use an editor(I use Notepad2) and they start creating lots of spaces. Hmm. Thanks for posting this so programmers, webmasters and others realize about blank spaces.

jakec

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:03 pm Reply with quote

Well it was actually a blank space in the filename of a PDF file, so it was supposed to be there and not something added by mistake. All my editing is done using Notepad++.

jakec

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:07 pm Reply with quote

You need to add quotes around filenames with spaces.

eg.
Code:
redirect 301 "/old page.htm"  http://www.mydomain.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic