Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues
Deseroka
Client

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:56 am Reply with quote

OK, once again, please forgive me if this is touched on & I am repeating things here. I've looked & haven't found my answer. So....
I just uploaded RN2.40 to the server. Went to my [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] just fine.
I had already created the database on MySQL, & edited the config.php file. When I go to the install page I get this error:

Quote:
MySQL Database Connectivity Test Results
config.php file found!
I was unable to reach your MySQL server using the MySQL connection settings in your nuke config.php file. The exact error that MySQL reported is:
MySQL Error # 2 = Access denied for user '*****'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
I've tried changing the MySQL to MySql (it worked for meonce before Smile ) & also to mysql because when I logged into PHPMyAdmin it shows it listed that way, in all lower case. No joy here, either.
I've never had much luck with auto creating d/b & on older versions of Nuke used to just do it from PHPMyAdmin manually.
I'm stuck. ANy suggestions on what my issue is (other than insanity, people!)
Where, oh where is my coder in Raven Armor???????

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:01 am Reply with quote

Just follow the directions here. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:48 am Reply with quote

I guess I need to pull up my knickers & go home. I read this last night. But went back today & read again. I checked the chmod on my .htaaccess &.staaccess. Can't find an # ultramode.txt or the following:
# /includes/FCKeditor/upload/File
# /includes/FCKeditor/upload/Flash
# /includes/FCKeditor/upload/Image
# /includes/FCKeditor/upload/Media
Yes, I did look thru the folders for the FCK editor & right about now FCK is about how I feel except add a few letters. LOL. Sorry, I'm a sick person...ask Raven, he can vouch for me.
I should be connecting with this d/b, but I ain't.
I'm rusty here, is there an Idiot version? h wait....that's what the wiki is. Well is there is super idiot version.
Heck, I'm just a dumb Skin....

nuken

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:05 pm Reply with quote

Those should be
uploads/file
uploads/flash
uploads/image
uploads/media
and ultramode.txt has been removed from the distro.

Deseroka

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:28 pm Reply with quote

Maybe I have a corrupt upload. My uploads folder contains nothing but index.html
At least I know I'm not blind now. I couldn't find the dang ultramode to ave my life.
Can you tell I'm easily frustrated?

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:50 pm Reply with quote

I've updated the wiki accordingly. Wink

Deseroka

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:55 pm Reply with quote

Thanks, jakec. Helps idiots like me.
OK, guess I'll empty the site & start over. The loud scream you hear coming from the SE is me.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:00 pm Reply with quote

Ain't it good to have her back? wuvUbaby

jakec

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:05 pm Reply with quote

What file type type did you download for 2.40.01?

I've just downloaded the 7ZIP version and there were the right files in the uploads directory.

Deseroka

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:13 pm Reply with quote

I d/l the zip version. But deleted everything & am gonna try a fresh start just for s&g. I swear, I have always had trouble with the auto tables. Don't ask me why....
Thanks Raven..ya know I luvz ya!

Deseroka

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:46 pm Reply with quote

Got it! All this time, I really am blind. This server has a rule I've not used before, where the user name has the prefix like the d/b does. Am I saying this right? I had my user name entered & with this server it needs to be such as this: $dbuname_username.
I've always just entered the info like this:
Quote:
$dbuname = 'username'; (instead it has to be like this $dbuname=dbuname_'username';
$dbpass = 'password';
$dbname = 'username_nukedb';

Anyone ever seen this before? Am I just naive & stoopid?
The good news is it now works!
Anyway, thanks for the help & putting up with my tantrums. Bang Head
Hang in there, you'll grow to love me..........
Thanx, Neahwah, Pilamaya!

Deseroka

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:55 pm Reply with quote

OK, spoke too soon. When I went to run the server environment check I get this error:
Quote:
uploads/file/ Not Found - Not Writeable
uploads/flash/ Not Found - Not Writeable
uploads/image/ Not Found - Not Writeable
uploads/media/ Not Found - Not Writeable

Checked the folder on server, nothing but index.html & the ftp log file. Checked the files in my d/load & they aren't there either. Te file fairy musta stole 'em.
I really don't wanna go thru all this do-over stuff again. Please, somebody have mercy & send me these bloody files?

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:04 pm Reply with quote

What ftp client are you using?

hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:32 pm Reply with quote

Hi Deseroka

FlashFXP is a FTP (File Transfer Protocol) client for Windows, it offers you easy and fast ways to transfer any file between other local computers (LAN - Local Area Network) running a FTP server or via the Internet (WAN - Wide Area Network) and even directly between two servers using Site to Site transfers (FXP - File eXchange Protocol). This is what I use for more than 3 years. You will not find something better like this one. Try it and let me know. I never had problems.

Deseroka

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:51 pm Reply with quote

I'm using ws-ftp. But that's not gonna put those files in the folder I downloaded. I also noticed that my output_buffering is off. Got my php.ini file, just unsure of where to put
php_flag register_globals off
. This should be simple enuff, I'll stick it in the .htaaccess file if I have to.
My biggest issue is that when checking server enviroment I get the error I listed above. Here it is again:
Quote:
uploads/file/ Not Found - Not Writeable
uploads/flash/ Not Found - Not Writeable
uploads/image/ Not Found - Not Writeable
uploads/media/ Not Found - Not Writeable

Notice that it says they are not found. They are not in the folder that I uploaded to the server, nor or they in the folder that I downloaded. I looked. Now if they were in the zip file I downloaded & never made it to my server I could understand the FTP client question, and God knows I'm always willing to try something new & see if it's better than what I got. But the FTP client had nothing to do with the files I downloaded.
I'm gonna go download this thing again in hopes that these files are there & I can just upload them to the server & install my tables.
Better yet, I'll dance on the table.

Deseroka

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:05 pm Reply with quote

Nope, jakec said earlier that he had downloaded the zip file & everything was there. I guess they are just leaving when I go to download it. (SHH! Split quick, here she comes!) ROTFL
New download of RB2.4.00 in zip format. Unpacked it. Went to the HTML folder. Opened the Uploads folder. Nothing there but an index file & the ftp log. Are these hidden files that I should be doing something special to see? PLEASE tell me the secret.
Oh Gawd, how much ring kissin' is this gonna cost me??????
Can someone please take a look at this download
http://www.ravenphpscripts.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=280#dl take a look at the "Uploads" folder & tell me what they see?
I do wear glasses, & I might be quite ignorant on some things, but these files are not there.

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:17 pm Reply with quote

you want version 2.40.01 not 2.40.00 [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Deseroka

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:28 pm Reply with quote

OK, here I go again..............
I'm supposed to be asleep LOL.
To the download section I go.
The rest waits till tomorrow.
Hold your breath, say a prayer for me & then if all goes well you guys don't have to deal with me again till I have another catastrophe.
I'm sorry....I was thinking most current was at top of list. So you see, that burning smell you had was my poor little dried up walnut overworking itself.

Deseroka

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:08 pm Reply with quote

I d/l the file from the link Spastic Donkey sent. At first I did not see anything in the uploads directory except "index". So I looked at it thru winzip again, this time in folder view. There they were...the missing files. I extracted them to the uploads directory. Hopefully all is well now. So maybe it's my zip program that's freaked out (along with me)?!
I'm hoping for the best & will upload this tomorrow & see how it goes.
Say a prayer that this all goes well tomorrow, then you guys won't have to deal with me again till my next disaster.
Honestly, I'm not a total novice at this. It's my first time working with this version or RN & I'm a bit rusty because I've been gone for a year or more becoz of health issues. In fact should have been done with my night time treatments & in bed by now, but this was making me crazier.
Sorry to be such a PITA, guess I'm trying to make up for lost time Confused
Thanks guys, for your help & patience.
I'm going to go do what I need to for myself. If I keep up with this tonight I may bash the monitor or bite the mouse.
Anybody got an idea on why these 4 sub-directories were not unpacking as they should.
Also, if someone can point my rusty brain to where I should put php_flag register_globals off in my php.ini file?
OK, I'm done for now....Really!
Good night..........

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:00 pm Reply with quote

It's already off in the PHP installation of the server Wink. You don't have to worry about it.

Deseroka

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:01 am Reply with quote

Raven, I'm gonna mail you privately. Still I got issues........
Getting ready to do some serious ring kissin'

jakec

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:28 am Reply with quote

You can download 7-ZIP for free which is a great application for extracting compressed files. Wink

hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:09 am Reply with quote

Agree with jakec. I use 7zip already for more than 1 year. This aplication has 10/10 points.

Deseroka

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:33 pm Reply with quote

Got a link to d/load it, or can someone send it. I just d/l from another computer & still same problem. Sub-directories, but no files for uploads. I have asked Raven to send it to me direct. Will open it with 7zip & upload with Flash (tho, I have sat & went file by file & see that all I have in the d/l is being uploaded.
Honest people, I'm not stupid, just deflicted Shocked
Thankx again for the help & patience.

jakec

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:55 am Reply with quote

You download the 7ZIP version from here: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

PM me your email address and I can email you a copy of the file as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic