Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues
hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:54 pm Reply with quote

I was trying to update nuke sentinel ip and everything went ok but I get ban 127.0.0.1 after doing this

INSTALLATIONIP2C/update_ip2cSQL.php

How can I unban myself from phpMyadmin Shocked

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7
Remote Address: 127.0.0.1
Client IP: none
Forwarded For: none

This is the solution after going through this little problem.

Go to your phpMyadmin

nuke_nsnst_ip2country Click on this table

Click on Search and and paste this value

Delete this value and then press go and u will be able to see your localsite again

2130706432=127.0.0.1

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:20 am Reply with quote

Just search this forum and/or read the FAQ and/or the WIKI and the process if fully detailed Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:01 am Reply with quote

Yeah I searched before but I couldnt find this answer. Please show me where. thanks in advance

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:26 pm Reply with quote

See Manual Method section at How do I unban an IP?

or search these forums like this:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:33 pm Reply with quote

Hi Raven

I did that search but unfortunatly this search does have nothing to do with my problem

Quote:
How do I unban an IP?
Using NukeSentinel(tm) Control Panel:
Login to your nuke Administration Menu and select NukeSentinel(tm). Over towards the upper right of the panel you should see a Search for: block. Type in the IP and select GO. This will pull up that IP in every table that it finds it in. You want the Blocked IP's table. Click on the X to the far right. At the Are you sure you want to delete the IP prompt, click Delete IP. This will remove the IP from the blocked IP table and your .htaccess file if you are also writing the blocked IP's to .htaccess. Note: Your .htaccess file must have the permissions set to READ/WRITE (666 or 777) to perform this removal. If your Search doesn't yield any results, then either you mistyped the IP or your blocker rules banned it at a higher level. In that case, try retyping the IP, but in the last octet use the wildcard % and try the Search again. Example: Let's say the IP you are trying to unban is 12.112.45.32 (purely fictional for the purpose of this demonstration). If that IP was not found, try 12.112.45.% . If still no results (Highly unlikely) try the next octet wildcard 12.112.%.% .

Manual Method:
Use phpMyAdmin and edit the nsnst_blocked_ips table and delete the IP from the table. If you also write to .htaccess, you will need to delete it from .htaccess. If you do not have access to phpMyAdmin, you can download my NukeToolBox and use it.

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:37 pm Reply with quote

Sure it does. It tells where you must look to release any IP from being locked.

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:18 am Reply with quote

Is this related to the invalid IP check?
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

jakec

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 am Reply with quote

Also that IP address should be in the Protected Ranges of NS and therefore never be physically blocked.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:27 am Reply with quote

jakec! really good from you. I guess this local ip was not in the right place. Inmediatly when I installed the INSTALLATIONIP2C/update_ip2cSQL.php
I get blocked, so that means 127.0.0.1 is not on the protected ranges. Thanks for pointing on the right way but this is not related to the invalid IP check.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:55 am Reply with quote

It should NOT be protected. Hackers use it instead of a valid IP. That's why we don't protect it and we call it an invalid IP. There is a setting in rnconfig where you can override it for testing, but it should never be overridden in production.

jakec

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:07 am Reply with quote

So it is an Invalid IP problem, I am getting confused now. Confused

Just checked two of my sites and they both have that IP in the Protected Range. Confused

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:55 am Reply with quote

And you're sure you didn't add them? I could have sworn that Bob and I agreed that 127x would not be automatically protected. That's why I gave him the logic to invalidate none and localhost which is 127.0.0.1. If that's the case then we may need to check the WIKI to make sure that it is up to date.

jakec

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:23 am Reply with quote

Yeah, one site is a clean install of 2.4 and another is an upgrade from 2.30.02.

I think we may need to check it out, shall I log a Mantis issue for this?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:26 am Reply with quote

Thanks for all your answers. I want u to know I am able to report any issue I found on your system or another stuff. Raven, can you please take a look at the forum in order to solve the scrolling bar. I cant write enough there. the scrolling bar goes up all the time. This doesnt happen with other sites. I think there is a conflict with javascript. When I use Quick Reply goes well. I already reported this issue and made a video about it. Plz, try to fix this.

jakec

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:47 am Reply with quote

I thought the conclusion of your previous post was that it was a IE issue?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:13 am Reply with quote

I know it is IExplorer 8 who is causing this problem but why to put fault on IExplorer when I use it on another forum who has the same version 2.30 and I am not able to reproduce this problem.

jakec

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:16 am Reply with quote

OK I think this discussion needs to continue in the other forum.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:49 pm Reply with quote

unicornio wrote:
Raven, can you please take a look at the forum in order to solve the scrolling bar.

I don't know what scrolling bar issue you are referring to. Can you reproduce it at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] ?

JakeC wrote:
I think we may need to check it out, shall I log a Mantis issue for this?

Yes, please. Assign it to me, probably for 2.5

jakec

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:57 pm Reply with quote

Raven, see this post: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:29 am Reply with quote

Quote:
However, we have allowed for you to override this behavior. In rnconfig.php change this setting
$bypassNukeSentinelInvalidIPCheck = false;
TO:
$bypassNukeSentinelInvalidIPCheck = true;

This is another solution.

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:29 am Reply with quote

unicornio wrote:
I know it is IExplorer 8 who is causing this problem but why to put fault on IExplorer when I use it on another forum who has the same version 2.30 and I am not able to reproduce this problem.

It only happens when a theme has a textarea size defined by %
If a theme sets the textarea by px size then no IE bug, so this only happens in some of the RN themes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic