Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Captcha Security
kenno
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:25 am Reply with quote

Hi Guys

Just wandering if any of you had come across this issue before.
Basically what happens is when you log onto my ravennuke sites using your mobile phone, everytime you type the captcha code in, it always comes back saying it is the incorrect code.

Now it does actually log you in the site even after saying this, it is just annoying and was hoping it might be an easy fix

Any help appreciated

thanks Kenno

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:19 am Reply with quote

Interesting. Sounds like an artifact of the phone's browser. I don't know if it helps at all, but the captcha uses PHP sessions for validation, but it is odd that it throws the error and still logs them in... trying to wrap my head around that one!

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:27 am Reply with quote

You can also turn off Captcha. If you are not getting spammed by bots it is just an annoyance. If you start getting spammed you can turn it back on. It's in rnconfig.

kenno

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:11 pm Reply with quote

Yes Montego

This is a strange one, it says the code is incorrect but all the time will say hello to your username and you are then signed in to the site as normal.

I don`t fancy turning the Captcha off just for this little issue, especially as it is not actually restricting any body from viewing the sites.

Is it possible that this is something to do with the UK phone networks or is that not possible. Can you guys gain access to yor sites in ok from your USA phones

Thanks Mark

montego

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:29 am Reply with quote

I just got a new phone last night actually that now has the ability to surf the web. I just tried logging into my site and the captcha worked just fine. Mine is a Droid, which looks by the User Agent to be Safari mobile based. So, might be a browser/OS nuance maybe?

spiders
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:09 pm Reply with quote

HI,
I have tested it with my new HTC HD2 phone. I just tried logging here and the captcha worked just fine.

Spiders

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] >> the global Web Content Management Services [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] >> My Raven24 Testside 
bobbyg
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:18 pm Reply with quote

Could it be a die; statement is // out thereby allowing it to connect?

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:49 pm Reply with quote

do you have multiple Captcha's on the page? I.E. a login block on the left and the "your account" login? If so, you could try disabling the block and see if that helps.

btw, I have a couple of mobile users that have said my RN site works quite well... (iPhone)

montego

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:11 am Reply with quote

spasticdonkey wrote:
do you have multiple Captcha's on the page? I.E. a login block on the left and the "your account" login?

Regarding this point (good one spasticdonkey), if you are running RavenNuke(tm) version 2.40.00, this issue was resolved.

kenno

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:15 am Reply with quote

Hi

Sorry took so long to reply, I have 2 ravennuke sites one using 2.4 and the other 2.3, it does this on both sites.
It is not just my phone this does it on but on quite a few different makes, although I need to try and test it on different mobile networks to see if that makes any difference.

I have just for the first time tried logging onto here using my mobile and something slightly different happened.

When I submitted my login details and inputted the captcha on here, I got a message back on my phone saying "Unable to redirect", so tried this a few times with the same response. It was not till I clicked the "home" link that I could actually see it had logged me in.

So I do not know what the differences are between the 2 different captchas but both have the same issue although the one on here will not actually tell you the code incorrect but it does log you in.

I need to try this on more networks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Captcha Security

View next topic
View previous topic