Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues
xtreme21

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:41 pm Reply with quote

I am working on a site for a customer and recently upgraded their RN site. When I completed the upgrade everything looked fine with the theme they were using on their site already. But now if they try to load any 2.4 themes they only show the right blocks and footer.

I have checked many 2.4 themes (the ones in the RN Package too) and still the same problem. No header, left blocks or center info. Just right blocks and footer.

I have turned on the rnlogs and show errors, but everything is coming up clean.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by xtreme21 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total 
floppydrivez
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:39 pm Reply with quote

I would start de-activating blocks for starters to see if It got any further. If all your rights are loading start with the center or left. It seems odd that no errors are occurring almost like a key file is corrupt/missing.

However, I would still try the blocks first. It is gonna be trial and error to find the solution.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:44 pm Reply with quote

Well there is no key file since this happens on all the stock RN themes in the RN package. I will try some blocks and see what happens, but that seems weird that would not happen with the theme that was on the site to begin with.

Edit: Thinking about this further, I do not see it being a block issues since the header does not even load. That should be the first thing that would load before the blocks.

xtreme21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:43 am Reply with quote

I have posted 2 images to show exactly what I am talking about here. Hopefully someone here will have some input since I am lost and hate leaving a customer like this.

How the site is with the old theme and how it looked before the upgrade:

Ok now this is the problem after the upgrade with any RN 2.4 theme:

Dawg
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:04 pm Reply with quote

You need to Deactivate ALL the "Non-Stock" blocks....

Then I bet it loads.

I am pretty certain this is a Block issue.

Kill every block that did not come with RN....and see what you get.

Post back and I will try to help you trouble shoot it.

Dawg

xtreme21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:41 pm Reply with quote

Ok I have went ahead and disabled ALL blocks and then switched themes, and like every other time nothing loaded. The admin panel would not even reload and does not when you switch to a RN 2.4 theme. I always have to switch back through phpmyadmin.

I also tried disabling all messages and that did not work either.

I appreciate all the ideas, but still I am at a lose here. Any other ideas or help that can be provided?

Dawg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:14 pm Reply with quote

I don't know what Browser you are using....but....

In IE hit Page->View Source

In Firefox hit ->View->Page Source

and post up what shows....

What I am looking for is how far it gets before it POOPs itself.

Dawg

gazj
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:53 pm Reply with quote

did you make any changes to the header.php or to custom_head and so on?
and also check any javascripts you may have added if you ask me its the theme header not being loaded so id look at the header.php just before the theme header include im guessing there an if() somewhere thats causing the theme header not to load but this is a rough guess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:02 pm Reply with quote

I have replaced ALL files with the originals from the RN package. I just got done uploading all the files again a couple hours ago and still no change. This is not something due to file edits that have been done to the ravens files since they have been replaced multiple times.

They are being replaced to, so that is not part of the issue and the file/folder permissions all seem fine.

Dawg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:02 pm Reply with quote

Gazj,
You are most likely right. He did not mention altering the head but you never know.

xtreme21,

If you did alter the header.php, backup your existing file and reload the one that came with RN....LEt's get it working first and then we will move step by step to get the changes you want.

Dawg

xtreme21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:13 pm Reply with quote

Here is a list of everything I have tried:

1. Disabled all blocks

2. Replaced all files and checked permissions multiple times

3. Turned on error reporting and rnlogs. No entries have shown to assist in this issue

4. Checked php.ini file for anything suspicious and even renamed file. Did the same with .htacess

5. Checked several different RN2.4 themes and all have same result.

6. Disabled all messages and made sure modules admin was ok.

gazj

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:13 pm Reply with quote

whats the url to the site? and also when loading the rn installer are you sure the install added/updated ALL tables?

gazj

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:16 pm Reply with quote

there HAS to be a problem with the header.php or something included in the header delete the files in the custom_file but back them up and if not change upload them again

gazj

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:25 pm Reply with quote

never mind power of google Very Happy
its a css problem the tables are there but css is not showing the content anubody care to come up with why? at a guess id say conlicting css maybe?

xtreme21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:25 pm Reply with quote

gazj,

Ok we finally got it. I though the new RN would have come with a new includes/custom_files/custom_header.php which would have replaced the the old one. I never though to check to see if it got over written.

So that was the problem. Bad code in the includes/custom_files/custom_header.php .

A big thanks to all you guys for all your help and ideas. I knew it had to be a problem higher in the code around the header since it did not show, but could not put my finger on it. Thanks so much. The customer will be happy again.

gazj

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:34 pm Reply with quote

no worries glad to of helped Smile

can i just add in future could anybody please post the problem an url when it comes to layout issues helps us by allowing us to view source in the browser thanks

xtreme21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:37 pm Reply with quote

Gazj,

The url would not helped because only when I was working on it would I activate the RN 2.4 theme. Otherwise when I did not have time to try and track the problem I would put the same theme he had on before the upgrade and which worked after the upgrade to ensure the site was not down all the time.

So if you would have looked at the site you would have seen no issues, lol.

floppydrivez

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:06 pm Reply with quote

Gazj, good deduction bud. The screens really helped as they always do. Its the next best thing to a url.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:57 pm Reply with quote

you guys rock!

worship

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic