Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
Firefly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:31 pm Reply with quote

Hiya (very kind and helpful) guys!

As my phpnuke site is now trundling along happily and with Sentinel easily installed, I am wondering what the best selection of options would be. There are:

AB_ACTHARVEST
AB_ACTUNION
AB_ACTCLIKE
ACTSCRIPT
AB_ACTAUTHORS
Should I just switch them all 'on'?

Next, I don't know what, if anything, I should do with the two boxes:
AB_HTACCESSPATH
AB_FORWARD

Then there are more options:
AB_PCKILL
AB_PCKILLLOOP
AB_BLOCKTYPE

Having had one Tiki Wiki site and a phpnuke site wrecked, I would like to active the highest level of security. This site will, in about a month, be selling files (having give away many TBs in the last year (300-600 BG/mth)).

Your advice most appreciated.

PS
Though now short of cash, I could pay a small fee, or satisfy a moderate wish list...

Cheers!

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:43 pm Reply with quote

Firefly wrote:
Hiya (very kind and helpful) guys!

As my phpnuke site is now trundling along happily and with Sentinel easily installed, I am wondering what the best selection of options would be. There are:

AB_ACTHARVEST
AB_ACTUNION
AB_ACTCLIKE
ACTSCRIPT
AB_ACTAUTHORS
Should I just switch them all 'on'?

Next, I don't know what, if anything, I should do with the two boxes:
AB_HTACCESSPATH
AB_FORWARD

Then there are more options:
AB_PCKILL
AB_PCKILLLOOP
AB_BLOCKTYPE

Having had one Tiki Wiki site and a phpnuke site wrecked, I would like to active the highest level of security. This site will, in about a month, be selling files (having give away many TBs in the last year (300-600 BG/mth)).

Your advice most appreciated.

PS
Though now short of cash, I could pay a small fee, or satisfy a moderate wish list...

Cheers!
First off, make sure you are using v1.2, just released early Friday. Union, Clike, and Authors are a must. Script you might try and see if you get too many false positives in which case I would back down to email only. If you are on Apache, in the htaccess text box just place .htaccess. As to the popups, well, that's your choice.

Firefly

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:25 am Reply with quote

I have just downloaded 1.2 and upgraded from 1.0.0. When I ran nsnst.php, I selected upgrade from 1.0.0. to 1.1.0 and when I tried to re-enter the sentinel admin, got this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: abget_configs() in .../admin/modules/sentinel.php on line 32

As the whole site is new, I could wipe it all out and reinstall, this time using 1.2, but to avoid a couple of hours work, I would appreciate your advice first.

Cheers!

Muffin
Client

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:37 am Reply with quote

I think I'd have chosen upgrade from 1.0.0 to 1.2

I'd do a fresh install of 1.2 if it were me.

Firefly

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:49 am Reply with quote

That seems logical, however the readme of 1.2 says:

UPGRADING from Sentinel(tm) 1.0.0:
1) Upload all files and run nsnst.php .
2) From nsnst.php select the upgrade Sentinel(tm) 1.0.0 to 1.1.0 .
3) Goto Sentinel(tm) configuration and adjust your settings as needed.

Interestingly (at least to me), I just installed phpnuke 7.3 (to a new folder) and then installed sentinel 1.2 and got the same error message as reported above. I am slowly but surely coming to the conclusion that the instructions that come with phpnuke and its associated add-ons/modules/blocks contain flaws.

HitsFan

I will email you about your setting up a working and secure system (phpnuke 7.3 and sentinel 1.2) for me.

Muffin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:17 am Reply with quote

I think the readme file needs to be updated, it said that when I updated to 1.2 when I was running 1.1.0.

The readme is the same in all versions as the new versions were released within days of each other. I think the guys were more concerned in getting Sentinel just right script wise, and may have overlooked the readme file.

PHPNuke has some flaws, as its an ongoing project, and is constantly being improved as bugs are reported.

The same goes for Sentinel in that it's a new security program and although it doesnt seem to have many flaws, it is being upgraded with new features and fixes. Saying that I've found no flaws so far in Sentinel. Just phpNuke lol

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:33 am Reply with quote

Muffin is correct. I will correct that today. Sorry for the confusion!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic