Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.30.01 RN Upgrade Issues
kornmusic420

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:19 pm Reply with quote

im trying to get some help. ive tried googleing my question but no luck.

ok well i currently have PHPnuke 8.0 installed on my webserver and im looking to switch over to ravenPHP. i would like to keep all my users and all my topics in the forums and so on. so im not sure what i am to do about importing the DB. i tried doing it through phpMyAdmin but no matter what i do it gives me erros. ive got two backups. on is from PHPnuke admin menu and the other is from the forums menu. and ive tried doing them both through the forum section but it just gives errors.

this is the one
Error importing backup file

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' ' at line 1

any help would be great thank you

sexycoder
Spammer and overall low life

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:23 pm Reply with quote

It could be many things but if your are going to import or export a database file from your phpmyadmin always try to use Firefox. IExplorer doesnt like so much linux and u can get errors but this could be another issue. Are u trying to import Raven over your old database?

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:05 pm Reply with quote

Let's move this thread to the correct area...

You may want to take a look at the database comparison tool, example is here [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Also follow the HowToInstall guide and search the forums

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
kornmusic420

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:27 pm Reply with quote

sexycoder wrote:
Are u trying to import Raven over your old database?

im not sure.

ok i have phpnuke installed and i want to change it to ravenphp and keep all the forum posts and all the users. im new at working with db's and so im not sure if i would just backup my db and then install ravenphp and import my db. im not sure if that would work.

i'm sorry if i'm confusing anyone

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:04 am Reply with quote

You cannot just import your old PHP-Nuke 8.0 database directly into RavenNuke(tm). The last time they were compatible was way back with RN version 2.02.00 and PHP-Nuke 7.6. Or at least close to that.

Evaders99 posted a good link. The HowToInstall manual has some guidance on migrating from another *nuke to RN. My preferred approach (high-level) is this:

1. Install XAMPP on your local PC
2. Use either phpMyAdmin or BigDump to create a dump of your PHP-Nuke 8.0 production database.
3. In your local XAMPP, create a PHP-Nuke database and import this dump into it.
4. In your local XAMPP, create a new RN database and use the RN installer to create your RN tables.
5. Using MySQLDiff utility, run a compare against the two databases. At the end, you can even take the generated SQL differences copy-and-paste into phpMyAdmin (your local XAMPP version) for your PHP-Nuke database and have it convert the 8.0 tables (be careful to remove any table CREATEs as you do NOT want to create any new tables in the 8.0 database.
6. Now you should be able to, with a little trial and error, pull over all your data from the 8.0 database, using phpMyAdmin table DATA exports, and import those into the RN database.

This is the easiest and cleanest way as there are no database conversion scripts available to do this.

kornmusic420

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:06 am Reply with quote

ok thankx will give it a try. i will post back on how it turns out for me lol. thankx again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.30.01 RN Upgrade Issues

View next topic
View previous topic