Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) Enhancement Requests
mikemc

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:39 am Reply with quote

This suggestion comes from my experience with the old "IP Tracking Info" module.......

When viewing the "Display Tracked IP's" pages in NS (or anywhere else in NS an IP is displayed), I'd like to see a hover-over pop-up showing the RDNS for the IP in question. This goes a long way in quickly determining whether the IP is a legitimate visitor, robot, or service which is visiting. And it saves huge amounts of time by not causing me to dig deeper, only to find it's a known search engine or something safe/similar. I imagine this would require the addition of the RDNS checks, additional DB table, and the code to generate the pop-up, but fairly straight forward.

Also an easy way to determine the referrer and agent used by an IP..... perhaps in the same pop-up?

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:39 pm Reply with quote

The main issue with rdns is the overhead. I will put this down and when I can get to it I will try to do some overhead analysis. Thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) Enhancement Requests

View next topic
View previous topic