Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.30.01 RN All Other Issues
horrorcode
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:29 am Reply with quote

Not an error, and not entirely an issue, but here goes.

So I'm obviously using NSN Center Blocks, and lets say I have side blocks disabled. Well in my case I cant have all side blocks disabled, as for some reason disabling all side when using NSNCB causes a redirect loop. So I have one block active, but title and content removed from theme.php so it doesnt display.

Okay, so that would be an issue with NSNCB, not the point.. My suggestion is to change the Surveys module to use themecenterbox instead of themesidebox, as without block files/functions in the theme itself the Surveys dont appear, and some may choose not to use/have side blocks.

Sorry if I sound blunt not trying to... basically themecenterbox seems to display properly even on a clean install, be it the function in mainfile I dont know, even if themesidebox doesnt exist in theme.php or blocks.html, though it only wouldnt if you werent using sideblocks or removed the themes function... A bit rendundant both ways to me...

Hope that makes sense.

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:46 am Reply with quote

<bump>

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:40 am Reply with quote

Change line 140 of modules/Surveys/index.php from
Code:

themesidebox($boxTitle, $boxContent);

To:
Code:

themecenterbox($boxTitle, $boxContent);

There would be a lot more than this that wouldn't work with out a side block function. I don't think the news would work either.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
Palbin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:43 am Reply with quote

I think it is the responsibility of the theme developer to provide what is needed. If you don't want the actual side blocks that is fine, but that shouldn't mean you don't write the function for cases like this.

horrorcode

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:51 pm Reply with quote

First a big thanks for the responses, and yeah I noticed other stuff was using sidebox as well. I'm sitting here thinking trying to figure out what other approach could be taken in this situation, as I have been for weeks now.

I guess really it would be easier to ask if anyone know's why nsncb won't work the same in RN as standard nuke... Problem is simple, in RN you disable all blocks, left and right while using nsncb, and the browser returns a redirect loop error, where in standard nuke the site loads normally. Its not using any dbi, could it be the functions themselves, or maybe that include in mainfile?

Or, just a thought, maybe a new function should be worked in for modules?

Know this is another nsncb issue, and I've got a few open already, but I just thought it might be an easier work-around to not use themesidebox in modules, but that wasn't very thoughtful on my part considering the rest of the layout...

Thanks again

Palbin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:15 pm Reply with quote

Give me a direct link to download it and I will take a look when I get time.

Palbin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:23 pm Reply with quote

Never mind I got it.

Palbin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:17 pm Reply with quote

I won't be looking at this. It appears that the version I downloaded from source forge is has an incomplete installation guide or there are other problems.

The readme says nothing about edits to core files.

Maybe I am just missing something, but I don't have time to play around with this ting to get it to work.

horrorcode

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:14 am Reply with quote

I shouldve posted a link in the first place, my bad, but now it seems the downloads arent available on ns... Well heres the next best thing: This

Palbin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:07 am Reply with quote

i'll try and take a look at it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.30.01 RN All Other Issues

View next topic
View previous topic