Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.30.01 RN All Other Issues
dad7732
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:21 am Reply with quote

Any reason NOT to upgrade to PHP-5? All my domains are up to date wtih RN 2.3.0.1. I have one client still at Nuke 7.6 and refuses to upgrade with the old theory "if it ain't busted don't fix it". I have ONE other customer running WordPress and needs PHP-5 for some of the latest plugins ...

Comments?

Thanks

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:53 am Reply with quote

No, RN should work fine. Very Happy

dad7732

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:12 am Reply with quote

Thanks, any issues with the client's Nuke 7.8 (not 7.6 as posted). One of the issues is that register_globals has been removed in PHP-5, not that we enabled it anyway.

Cheers

jakec

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:19 am Reply with quote

register_globals is still available in php5, but it is just disabled by default. I believe it is removed from php6 though.

I've never used phpNuke 7.8 with php5 so can't say for definite, but give it a go on XAMPP and see what happens. Wink

dad7732

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:37 am Reply with quote

That's up to the client as to compatiblility and I've suggested too many times to upgrade to RN. And for whatever reason XAMPP has never worked for me. But nonethless I have several test domains to test live anyways.

Cheers

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:35 am Reply with quote

dad7732, it is possible to run both PHP4 and PHP5 on the same server. Raven did it for his servers in 2008 to help with the switch. I refused to support PHP4 once I upgraded, so not sure the "how to".

Also, although RN has been able to run on PHP5 for almost three years now, there are still add-ons that may not run. This is where the testing is so important. However, usually the issues are minor and fairly easy to fix.

dad7732

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:59 am Reply with quote

Thanks, but the one stubborn client has submitted and will "just take it from there" once PHP-5 is installed. Smile

Cheers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.30.01 RN All Other Issues

View next topic
View previous topic