Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.30.01 RN Upgrade Issues
pureliving
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:01 pm Reply with quote

After weeks of experiencing problems with my admin, and now able to get access after reinstalling nuke sentinal, i find that when i click any link in the modules site navigation bar, every module i have active, all shows a 404 error page.

Would anyone please have any ideas as to how i can all my modules working?

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:28 pm Reply with quote

I've never seen this before. What URLs are causing the 404? (i.e. what's wrong with the link?)

I would suggest renaming the htaccess file in your nuke folder and / or modules folders. You might also want to check the site URL in admin, preferences. Finally, are you using sommaire or another replacement site navigation bar?

trunks
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:55 pm Reply with quote

Little off from the nuke side of things.. but have you recenttly added a new domain or changed servers? meaning an ip change. Just want to eliminate the possibilities of a server side problem first Smile

-Trunks

pureliving

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:23 pm Reply with quote

Well i am not using sommaire, i'm using the ordinary admin which comes with nuke.

This is one of the 404 pages i see:
Quote:

ERROR: 404 - Page Not Found

The file requested was not found
Hint: Verify that the file exists - Filenames are usually case sensitive - Check for spelling errors

Refered From : [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Your IP : **.***.
Page Requested : /modules.php?name=ErrorDocuments&file=404&rs=metauthors.html
Agent : **********************************removed
Redirect Status : 200

and

Quote:

Hint: Verify that the file exists - Filenames are usually case sensitive - Check for spelling errors

Refered From : [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Page Requested : /modules.php?name=ErrorDocuments&file=404&rs=forums.html
Agent : ******************************removed

Quote:

Page Requested : /modules.php?name=ErrorDocuments&file=404&rs=groups.html
Agent : *****************************removed

The only change i have made is in preferences, i have changed the URL to have www included, but the modules were not even working before that, and from looking at the the page requested, all links seem to be linked from the .html pages, but still my question is why, and how could i solve this issue.

trunks i am not sure of that, well i have not added a new domain, but as for the servers, there are several clients to a server, therefore the possibility of change over, in unknown presently, although i am in process of finding out, but i do not think there is any change like that as such.

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:34 pm Reply with quote

By the look of the .html at the end, I would assume ShortLinks is activated in the rnconfig.php. If, when you activated ShortLinks, did you also change the ShortLinks.htaccess with the regular .htaccess?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:14 pm Reply with quote

Thankyou nuken, worked perfectly.

Just the one thing i did not realise i had to do.

Thanks once again.

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:07 pm Reply with quote

Thanks, nuken - took the words right out of my keyboard...

pureliving

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:21 pm Reply with quote

Ok, so now after sorting out the that this was a shortlinks problem, and solved this successfully, i went to log out my website, only to find that once logged out, no login page shows.

When i log out the admin.php redirects to admin.php showing my modules administration; no login page. The same seems to happen every time i log on through the CGIAuth login box; instead of my admin.php login page showing it just redirects showing my admin page, with no admin administration, but showing main modules in the modules administration.

Do you have any ideas as to what i can do, so that once i login through the login box, i then see my admin login page?

It would really be appreciated to hear your advise if you can please assist me.

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:30 pm Reply with quote

I think you'll need a separate admin login block, which you can download from NukeScripts.net.

When you log out on the admin page, are you clicking the logout icon in the admin icons? Or are you logging out as a user?

pureliving

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:17 am Reply with quote

Kguske, thats why i can't understand whats happening, as when i do logout i use the logout link in the admin block, not the icon, and when i logon, yes i use the CGIAuth login box, but then after that i see no login page, i am just redirected to the admin.php page, but without any admin links or icons, yet several modules administration icons show.

I do manage to see the admin login page, but thats after going through all the above, then i click one of the module icons, and the login page displays, but this shouldn't happen like this, as behind the CGIAuth login box, no-one is meant to see any of my modules; the login page is what should display.

ODD! STRANGE!

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:21 pm Reply with quote

Try clearing your browsers cache. Also are you behind a work proxy server, or anything like that?

pureliving

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:53 pm Reply with quote

I'v tried clearing browser cache.

I have just tried accessing my website admin, and now am blocked again.

I have noticed this has got something to do with my IP range, but the last few times this has happened nothing i have done, fixes it; i have had to reinstall nuke sentinal 3 times now, and i'm now gathering not being able to see my admin login page and all the blockings, has something to do with sentinal.

My PC's IP always starts with 88.104. but after that it always changes, so now every time i'm logging on, i keep being blocked. How can i get sentinal to recognise my IP as one that changes, but always secure so only i can access without problems.

The main issue doing this is that my admin login page does not display after the CGIAuth login box, so whatever i click blocks me because i'm not logging in through the admin.php page; yes my IP end always changes, but when my login page was showing i never got these issues.

I really can't understand why it won't show after the login box.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.30.01 RN Upgrade Issues

View next topic
View previous topic