Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.30.01 RN All Other Issues
dad7732
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:46 pm Reply with quote

Ok, here's a headscratcher .. Posted here although could just as well be in FCKeditor.

Regarding the Forbidden 403 error when clicking on "browse server" in the editor.

I had the exact same problem all over again with a new site recently updated to 2.3.0.1 a little while ago.

Has nothing to do with file permissions or ownership, etc.

Only thing left was the .htaccess file in the RN root. Renamed it and was able to browse server. Renamed it back to .htaccess and still could browse server ... Only thing I can think of is something is registering the missing htaccess file somehow. Removing cookies and cache do not alter this behavior.

NOTE: Nope, it is definitely something in the htaccess file that is causing the 403 error, don't know what at the moment.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:16 am Reply with quote

Is it doing it with the core .htaccess that is provided?

Just curious, is it everywhere the FCKEditor is used, or only in admin, or possibly in just one of the modules.

dad7732

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:57 am Reply with quote

It is just the htaccess file that was included in the 2.3.0.1 package. The htaccess from 2.20.10 doesn't interfere. I'll have to compare when I have the time today. Doesn't matter where FCKeditor is used.

montego

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:16 am Reply with quote

Ok... definitely odd. You may have to comment things out in the file and then see which one coming back causes this. Weird.

dad7732

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:29 am Reply with quote

Easier for me to have the problematic htaccess in view and add lines one at a time to the non-problematic file and see which one is the culprit. Either way should provide results.

dad7732

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:09 pm Reply with quote

The culprit has been discovered. The following entry, when commented out, rectifies the 403 error in FCKEditor, here at least.
Quote:

# Stop Scripts Beforehand
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} .*http:\/\/.* [OR]
RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} .*http%3A%2F%2F.*
Rewriterule ^.* - [F]

No clue here, that's up to the expert(s) now. Smile

Cheers

montego

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:20 pm Reply with quote

Well, you're going to have to keep it commented out... that is my "expert" opinion. Laughing

Seriously. The editor must be needing to generate [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] links in order to work. Maybe kguske can shed some light on the subject.

dad7732

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:53 pm Reply with quote

It's commented out, but NS blocks the filters anyway. The htaccess included script just blocks 'em before they get to NS. Now I'm back to getting 60+ filter attempts daily in my email from NS. Smile

Cheers

montego

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:31 am Reply with quote

Crap! That's not good. I am not sure what FCKEditor needs to do this for, so not sure how to help you. Have you looked through all various editor configuration files? Not sure if there are any clues there.

dad7732

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:37 am Reply with quote

The script itself is greek to me much less looking for something in the editor files. Wasn't it "evaders" that provided that script for htaccess? Maybe he could provide a clue as to why they are linked in some fashion.

Cheers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.30.01 RN All Other Issues

View next topic
View previous topic