Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NSN Groups
shotokan
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:57 am Reply with quote

Hi,

I ma trying to install the NSN Groups 71-78 for my nuke 7.8 patched 3.3 but the change to the core file does not match in some cases.

Fors instance the admin/modules/blocks.php changes does not match with my site.

Does anyone knows where i can find the correct core change files for my verrsion of nuke patched?

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:15 pm Reply with quote

Unfortunately, NSN Groups is old and has not kept up with the various patches. You could switch to RavenNuke(tm) though... but I have already hinted at that in your other post.

shotokan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:57 pm Reply with quote

Montego,

I am doing this to help a church with a website they can use for the people that work on the administration.

They basically will need forums and some add-ons i have installed such as GCalendar and Reminder20?

do you think i can have that with RavenNUke(tm)? Also i am looking to add something to work like a file repository so they can have all their files to share among themselves.

thanks,

trunks
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:00 pm Reply with quote

Most modules should work with little or no modifications, but im sure we'll try to help out as best we can if you need the assistance.

GCalendar i believe is encorporated with the latest RN release 2.3.1.

montego

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:44 am Reply with quote

shotokan, I have not used Reminder20, but I do run my own church website off RN. Wink

If you run into troubles with Reminder20, reach out for help.

shotokan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:45 am Reply with quote

Montego,

One thing i gorgot to mention was about the Approve_Membership module. I am using this one because we really want to look everyone that register if they can be a user or not. IS this module also possible on RN?

montego

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:14 pm Reply with quote

RN's Your Account module has this capability built in. Its a bit different, but you get to approve registrations nonetheless. Look for more improvements upon this also in the future. It even has the custom fields piece too... Wink

shotokan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:06 pm Reply with quote

montego,

is the structure of tables for forums and users the same as NUKE? I mean if a backup my tables can i just insert then into the RN tables for avoiding having to register everyone again and also creating my forums and groups?

montego

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:54 pm Reply with quote

Take a look at the HowToInstall manual that comes with the RN download, the Upgrading page. There are two sections there, one for upgrading older RN to latest RN and another for Migrating from a non-RN PHP-Nuke to RN. The process is well laid out.

I would highly recommend doing practice runs with a local PC copy of your site. You can use XAMPP for a complete WAMP or LAMP set up to do this on. Its what many of the developers of RN use as well.

shotokan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:18 pm Reply with quote

I endup extracting all users only and created a script to add them all in RN. As for the rest i created them again on the new RN site.

Thanks a lot.

montego

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:02 am Reply with quote

Hey, that's great. Good job!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NSN Groups

View next topic
View previous topic