Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Blocks
wrecit
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:27 pm Reply with quote

I have a video block on my site and am also running the video stream modual to play a .wmv.

I am hosting the .wmv in my database.

I have had some people tell me that

Quote:
I tried to access and I get a large box with an x in the upper left corner ... where the player should be? any suggestions

I am winging this so I don't know what is causing this. any sugestions?

The site is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Thanks for the help guys

horrorcode
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:04 pm Reply with quote

First theres a problem with the block, or your nuke url in Admin>Preference doesnt include the full path of your site, which is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

To elaborate the block is pointing to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

which should be
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

horrorcode

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:07 pm Reply with quote

Sorry, I see you have 2 blocks, the one on the left is incomplete.

wrecit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:08 pm Reply with quote

yea the one on the left is a dead site that I been meaning to remove. thanks for reminding me Wink

horrorcode

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:10 pm Reply with quote

The video is too large and is taking a long time to buffer, the only way to stream it automatically that I see is by going to the video directly in which it opens the users media player in my case media player, than you can click play instantly. Not familiar with that mod.

wrecit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:13 pm Reply with quote

Yea they are a little big (one is 45 min the other one is 30 min) will check if they are on dial up which would be a major issue.

horrorcode

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:23 pm Reply with quote

I just found this mod the other day, Im using it now:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

The author stopped updating it just recently and its supported formats are limited, but it works alright for streaming, for me.

The block on my main page is using it, only its a youtube video being streaming through the mod, gives you an idea of the flexability though.

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:36 pm Reply with quote

if you are embedding a .wmv it requires the user to have a media player that will play the file. If they don't have the correct player installed you will get the red X. Flash is much more widely used, and it's much more likely to be installed on a visitor's computer. I would suggest converting to flv format (like used on youtube)

there are a bunch of flv players available... wimpy rave ($40) is easy to use, has a free demo, and a nuke howto. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

That video file must be huge, I never got past "buffering". You might consider a short version for unregistered users, and create a registered users only block for any large videos.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Blocks

View next topic
View previous topic