Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
scubamaxx

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 11:35 am Reply with quote

Hi !!!!

You did a great job with your tool Laughing Now i can better sleep at night than before Laughing
So i want to ask u to include an option to email the admin when a attack was blocked by the system. Also which is able to be turned on and off.
Because it could be very helpfull, when u can forward this email later via SMS to your cellphone.

thanx
maxx

Last edited by scubamaxx on Mon May 31, 2004 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total 
stephen2417
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 11:38 am Reply with quote

Its there.. Wink

Hope you dont mind me telling bob. BTW its great so far!

scubamaxx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:03 am Reply with quote

stephen2417 wrote:
Its there.. Wink

Ooops Embarassed Wink
I dindn see it till now u said Rolling Eyes

But, it would be cool to specify a other email to, not only the system admin email from nuke. Because my email2sms address is different to the admin address.

thanx
maxx

BobMarion
Former Admin in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:27 am Reply with quote

We can add a second email address value. 1.1.0 uses a newer config table that will make additions much easier in the furture versions :0

squiresmk
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:34 pm Reply with quote

Yeah for the newer config table style! Should be standard these days =P

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
SmackDaddy
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:11 am Reply with quote

BobMarion wrote:
We can add a second email address value. 1.1.0 uses a newer config table that will make additions much easier in the furture versions :0

So how do I add an email to have Sentinel email me? (or a second or third)?

And.....What should I be seeing on the following page?

-- [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] (just the links to the Sentinel Config and IP options?)

Mine is blank except for the two columns of links (6 links total) at the top, is that the way it should be?

And HTACCESS path.....not exactly sure how mine should be if I have my stuff set as mydomain.com/

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:47 am Reply with quote

SmackDaddy wrote:
So how do I add an email to have Sentinel email me? (or a second or third)?
For right now, try this. On or about line 387 you should see this code
Code:
  $adminmail = $nuke_config['adminmail'];
Add this line after it, substituting another email address. I haven't tested it so it may still need tweaking Smile.
Code:
$adminmail .= ",NEXT_MAIL_ADDRESS";

Quote:

-- [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] (just the links to the Sentinel Config and IP options?)

Mine is blank except for the two columns of links (6 links total) at the top, is that the way it should be?
Yes

Quote:
And HTACCESS path.....not exactly sure how mine should be if I have my stuff set as mydomain.com/
Try .htaccess

Last edited by Raven on Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total 
SmackDaddy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:11 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
For right now, try this. On or about line 427 you should see this code
Code:
  $adminmail = $nuke_config['adminmail'];
Add this line after it, substituting another email address. I haven't tested it so it may still need tweaking Smile.
Code:

I have added that (it was line 387 for me ?)....but should the period be removed from before the "=" sign???

And if that doesn't work, then would I just be able to do the following:

Code:
$adminmail = "myemail@mydomain.com";

And leave it at that? What about:

Code:
$adminmail = "myemail@mydomain.com,myemail2@mydomain.com";

?

Quote:

Yes

Thank you.

Quote:

Try .htaccess

Yup, that worked. Thanks again!!

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:53 am Reply with quote

You are correct on the line number Laughing I was also looking at where it was actually called (I have edited my original post). And yes, the .= is a concatanation operator. That way you don't actually modify the original but add to it. Any of the methods you state will work though (or should).

SmackDaddy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:04 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
You are correct on the line number Laughing I was also looking at where it was actually called (I have edited my original post). And yes, the .= is a concatanation operator. That way you don't actually modify the original but add to it. Any of the methods you state will work though (or should).

Thank you.

Now I am just looking for a smaller "Sentinel Protected" graphic to use on my website that I can use in a side block that's not a banner size......so if you or Bob come up with one, please let us know! Thanks! Wink

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:09 am Reply with quote

There are 3 sizes in the images file supplied with Sentinel(tm). Do none of them work for you?

SmackDaddy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:18 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
There are 3 sizes in the images file supplied with Sentinel(tm). Do none of them work for you?

They work.....I will make the medium work for what I am looking for.....I was looking for something a little larger, but..... it'll do....thanks.

SmackDaddy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:47 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:

Just wanted to let you know that it worked.....just got an email confirmation of a blocked IP.....

Code:

Worked like a charm..... Wink

scubamaxx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:54 am Reply with quote

Hi !!!!
I also tried to add a second email, but it doesn’t work.
like this:
Code:

So i tried many different things, an now i know the reason why not. The function Email IP lookup was active so i turned it off and now it works Laughing

cya
maxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic