Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.3 RN Issues
scout

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:22 am Reply with quote

Here is the URL of my site [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I've got 2.3 uploaded all files chmod the ones it says to change, loaded all tables succesfully, but when I go to the index or admin page, I get the 2 blocks and < ...any help on this would be great since it's driving me a bit crazy now.

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:43 am Reply with quote

Seems to be working fine for me.

jakec

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:49 am Reply with quote

I see this is with a free host. I suspect you will run into no end of problems.

scout

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:08 pm Reply with quote

It is hosted at GoDaddy, it is free with an ad at the top, I can upgrade the hosting and have that removed though. I've ran nuke-evo on their linux hosting before with no issues.

You are able to see view the website with no issues? What browser are you using?
I use IE and get  ‹ same with FireFox, I get this : ‹

not sure really what to do next with this.

dad7732
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:25 pm Reply with quote

Not home so I can't test it with anything other than IE-6 and it works and looks just fine, no problem. Clear cache and cookies and try again.

Cheers

scout

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:45 pm Reply with quote

cleared cache, cookies, and history in both browsers - still no luck...
disabled firewall too, no help

huntor
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:00 pm Reply with quote

I am also receiving the issue he is talking about with IE7 and Firefox 3.05. I would also assume that the banner may be causing the issue.

scout

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:07 pm Reply with quote

huntor wrote:
I am also receiving the issue he is talking about with IE7 and Firefox 3.05. I would also assume that the banner may be causing the issue.

Glad I'm not alone! I'm using the same, IE7 and Firefox 3.06 (just updated it) and same thing. What banner? the ad from the hosting site? or a module in nuke? They can view the site ok using IE6 and not sure what Jake is using, maybe I'll see if I can find IE6 to download and take a look at it that way to see if I can view it in IE6 just for the fun of it.

scout

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:30 pm Reply with quote

ok, just tried it with IE6 and no luck with it either, the same blocks and < on it.
Anyone else ever have this type of issue before?

jakec

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:54 pm Reply with quote

Now I am home I can see the problem. I suspect, like huntor said, it is the banner. Can you turn on error reporting in the config.php file and see if anything is displayed.

scout

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:19 pm Reply with quote

ok, error reporting is on now and I'm not seeing any errors being displayed.

scout

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:28 pm Reply with quote

ok, I think it is the banner they are pushing to the site. I had another domain I haven't used in ages and it had a paid hosting plan and I just loaded RN on it and had no issues. I still don't understand how 2 of you where able to see the site and it worked for you though, but Hunter and I had the block issue showing up.

jakec

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:32 pm Reply with quote

Probably a quirk of IE6. Confused

dad7732

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:18 pm Reply with quote

Can you tell anything by doing a "view page source"?

scout

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:46 pm Reply with quote

not really, I'm going to get rid of the banner and buy 3 months hosting to check it out. My next issue will probably be the theme I want to use, it was made for phpnuke...any way to convert a phpnuke theme to work with RN?

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:49 am Reply with quote

Please try and limit one question to a thread otherwise it can get tricky for those that use the forums 'search' facility.

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:10 pm Reply with quote

I have a GoDaddy acct which works fine as a file server... But their SQL servers are overloaded and slow. I would seriously reconsider hosting with them... Ran into other issues with them running very old versions of server software, as well as disabling some needed features (I know the donations module will not function correctly on godaddy, unless something has changed)

As a visitor, a "free hosted site" usually makes me run for the back button. If a site is worth your time to create, then it should be worth a small investment for a reliable host, such as Raven Web Hosting!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.3 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic