Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.3 RN Issues
rorie
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:49 pm Reply with quote

i installed rn 2.30 & when i goto edit the front page message i get this error

Fatal error: Class 'FCKeditor' not found in /******/public/mainfile.php on line 1067

anybody care to help?

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:25 am Reply with quote

From that error message it appears some files were not uploaded.
Upload the 'includes' directory again and if your target server is *nix ensure the files are transferred in BINARY mode.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:01 am Reply with quote

rorie, be careful about posting your root path in a public forum...

rorie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:21 am Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
From that error message it appears some files were not uploaded.
Upload the 'includes' directory again and if your target server is *nix ensure the files are transferred in BINARY mode.

i did that took forever & i still get the error message i really want to avoid a fresh install the files take forever to upload

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:56 am Reply with quote

Review the file names between what you have in the RN distribution and what is in the includes directory. I am wondering if your FTP client has the option set to retain the case or to always lower case the files. Just a guess as I haven't seen this type of problem much. Its definitely something related to your upload or environment somehow.

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:25 am Reply with quote

If you look in your error log (website / host), you will probably see some errors about files not found.

rorie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:07 pm Reply with quote

i am just going to do a clean install. haven't got the time right now maby monday

FireATST
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:13 am Reply with quote

What ftp program are you using? Filezilla seems to work well for uploading files.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
kguske

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:53 pm Reply with quote

Was this an upgraded site?

rorie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:45 pm Reply with quote

i did a fresh install & i still get the same old bloody message i was getting b4. could somebody please take a look at my site? i am unable to create ftp accounts because of limitations on nfs. i am seriously considering moving to apthost but the thing is that i need the money i don't have it yet but once i do i will move to a much better host

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:50 am Reply with quote

If you can PM your account information (I'll need control panel access so I can check error messages), I'll take a look.

Some operating systems have problems with relative paths, so it's necessary to override the upload path.

rorie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:02 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
If you can PM your account information (I'll need control panel access so I can check error messages), I'll take a look.

Some operating systems have problems with relative paths, so it's necessary to override the upload path.

ignore the pm i sent you. i want to check out mambo so i am trashing my raven nuke installation

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:45 pm Reply with quote

It's most likely just a setting. I can look now if you like - just got home from work.

rorie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:54 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
It's most likely just a setting. I can look now if you like - just got home from work.

already trashed the database & the installation & soon i will move webhosts. so never mind. besides the rn installation always took forever & to upload mambo looks like it will be easier to use & i found a nuketreasury phpnuke module that has been created for mambo. if mambo does not please me i will go back to rn but i found rn hard to use when creating module & rn has always seen problematic so i don't see myself comin' back here

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:01 pm Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity, do you know which operating system your host uses?

Good luck with Mambo - personally, I'd use Joomla over Mambo, but both have pretty complex admin functions, and creating modules is way more difficult than with Nuke derivatives.

Anyway, if you change your mind, we'll be here.

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:14 pm Reply with quote

I just checked nearlyfreespeech.net, and discovered it uses FreeBSD. One of our other regular visitors also hosted an account on a FreeBSD server - and had the same problem. All we had to do with override the upload directory in the includes/fckeditor/fckconfig.js file, and everything worked correctly.

anthony123

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:45 am Reply with quote

its very great informative ideas shared here useful one for many others who needs this kind of stuff,…
i appreciate this effort,..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.3 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic