Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Gallery/Gallery2
warz_nl
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:45 am Reply with quote

Hi Guys

I has been a while since I was last here and hope you all well.

I just finnished reading alot on the different types of photo galleries not that their are many to choose from 3 I think. I have also tried 2 of the most common types I could find on the net.

However I could not get them to work with RN 2.20 the coppermine was a total waste of time althought the gallery2 was not far off, I did manage to get gallery2 installed in the modules directory but when I followed the integration package installation could get it to work.

I even installed ImageMagicks on my server with little success. I am really getting rather frustrated with this we have WoW guild site and I am useing RN2.20.

Basically all we would like is a web gallery attached to our current installion were we can upload our battle pictures from teh game. Any ideas and comment will be great thanks.

I am also going to update to the lastest version of RN this week and would like to do the gallery at the same time.

Thanks Warz
Wink

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:36 am Reply with quote

Gallery generally works. They have a very slick installation routine. However, your results can vary depending on a complex set of server conditions. I always tell people that installing and maintaining Gallery can be as complex as installing and maintaining the rest of *Nuke combined. It's a huge package. I wish there was a more lightweight package out there but I don't know of one.

The integration of Gallery into Ravennuke is currently partly broken. There are several aspects that don't work properly, especially with RN 2.3. The web site where this is supported is nukedgallery.net but you can see there that the one person who does the support, for free I might add, is (a) occupied with family matters and (b) generally overwhelmed. So we are not seeing fixes to the problems coming at a very rapid rate. In addition there is a new release of Gallery out that I don't believe has been thoroughly tested with the integration package.

That said, I run Gallery on 3 sites ... a couple have over 1000 photos each and dozens of albums and I can usually work around the issues.

Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:46 am Reply with quote

I run the newest (2.3) without too many issues. Like said it is cumbersome to install but I think it's a much better option to coppermine or any other gallery I've tried. The current issue is a pain but you can get around most of it by adding a few lines of text to get the theme's css and js loading properly.

It could be a lot better but it's functional as is.

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:14 am Reply with quote

There is also the Gallery from Guardian which utilises the Picasa API. Might be worth a look. Wink

warz_nl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:21 pm Reply with quote

Well then I think it is my time to start developing a new nuke gallery based around RN CMS and other CMS. I just cant get over that there are only 3 galleries I found and on there own they all work well but nothing works with RN 2.20.x upwards.

All I can say is that I will proberly be calling for help more offen Laughing

I have also tried it on my test server and my production server and gallery2 was the only one I could even remotely get to talk to RN2.20.01.

The new gallery I want to make must not be too complicated, easy to install and use. So easy that all you have to is upload the module and admin file to the root. Login as Super Admin and configure the settings there.

So guys I will be back Twisted Evil Wink

testy1
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:11 am Reply with quote

I use coppermine, which I have tested and use on RN 2.3.

here's a link if you want to have a look

Click Here

I think loki originally converted it.

jakec

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:06 am Reply with quote

Guardians gallery should work as well, I would be very surprised if it didn't.

Here's a link: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

warz_nl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:12 am Reply with quote

I had a look at Guardians Gallery and yes it very cool

Jakec
However I dont know enough about it, from what I understand I need a picasa account to store the pictures.

Testy1
Nice find thanks. I am going to download it and have a look at it

Basically the reason I need, want a gallery is I am the webmaster and host for our WoW guilds website. It is a guild started begining this year and has grown insainly fast and it is time we started a website. Now I have have lots of requests for a gallery and all the reasons are very valid.

This is mainly for our battles and also guild security and protection.

So if Guardian can give me a bit of a rundown of the upload process and the permissions I will be happy you use his gallery.

Thanks again warz Wink

jakec

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:59 am Reply with quote

You need a Google account to use Picasa and you upload through that.

The main benefit is that you are not using up your bandwidth to serve the images. Very Happy

warz_nl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:14 pm Reply with quote

I understand and am gretaful for your concern regarding my bandwidth however the bandwidth usage is not a issue for me. I have loaded the Rn coppermine onto my test server with rn2.20.x it works but is limited.

I am getting some crit error that I need to try attend to. I am hoping to get it to work if not I will just reinstall and upgrade to RN2.30.x then try again that would be the easiest.

So it looks like I wont have to make a gallery module after all Very Happy

Well lets hope not Rolling Eyes gosh I am lazy Twisted Evil

testy1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:04 pm Reply with quote

What sort of critical error?

Dawg
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:15 pm Reply with quote

Warz,
G2 works just fine with RN. It takes a little work with this new version but overall there is nothing to getting it to work.

I have it running on 20-25 sites.

What kind of problems are you having?

Does it work as a stand alone version?

If it works stand alone....the rest is gravy.

Dawg

warz_nl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:23 pm Reply with quote

Ok I have successfully updated my test site to RN2.30.x.

Man I love the new features Shocked

As far as the G2 goes I have no problems there. I can get gallery2 v2.3 Skidoo working in stand alone

Well testy1 to answer your question I think it best if you guys have a look,
I have put my test server live so you can make a account and see what I mean here is the link.

http://mtest.nab-systems.com

I will change the mail confirmation to off so you wont have to wait for the email.

Rolling Eyes

testy1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:56 pm Reply with quote

Its working alright you just had to create albums first.Like I did

I did just notice an issue with the emoticons but that should be a fairly simple fix

warz_nl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:45 pm Reply with quote

Testy1
Some of the jpegs I try uploading give me a http 500 server error

and when I try to delete a gallery as a user I get a "You have attempted to use a False Admin cookie to access this site!" error

Dawg I am also wanting to try your way so I will get a second test site up and post the link here for you when I am done.

I am not too phased about the emoticons right now I just need to get this working fine, Testy1 can I ask you to make a new album, add a image or 2 then try remove the images and then the album please.

I am having a hard time trying to determin if the error is on my side .Thanks.

Warz

fkelly

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:54 pm Reply with quote

I'm not sure I can tell from these posts what Gallery you are trying to run. If you are trying the Menalto Gallery2 with Ravennuke 2.3 be sure to see this post:

http://www.ravenphpscripts.com/posts16683-highlight-.html

to get some fixes. Also, if you have downloaded these fixes before 2:30 p.m. Thursday, November 19 please go back to the post and get a new version of header.php and index.php. A security fix to prevent the possibility of variable injection was made.

Before these fixes, Gallery2 did not run properly in embedded mode with RN 2.3.

testy1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:02 pm Reply with quote

warz_nl,

I would assume the jpegs are exceeding your upload limit in php, is this possible? You could try just uploading via ftp straight to the folder.

I will have a look at the admin cookie issue.

fkelly, He is trying out coppermine at the moment.

warz_nl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:08 am Reply with quote

Testy1

No that was the first thing I checked and sorry for the long wait for I reply I fell ill nothing bad just flu (sniff sniff) Smile

I have had a look to and cant find any reason for that except that when I log off a admin I might need too clear my cookie cache in my browser. Maybe.

Fkelly hi
I am going to give the gallery2 one last try however I am more leaning to testy1 with coppermine, at the end it will be the guildies that need to decide on the gallery that they use.

I have just got a few other things I need to fix since I updated to RN2.30.x some of my templates broke but that is not fro this thread

laters the Warz man Wink

testy1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:14 am Reply with quote

I would also check the folder permissions

warz_nl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:41 am Reply with quote

that was quick Smile

Alreasy did that as first Smile

The picture are in the folder so they are being uploaded

testy1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:18 am Reply with quote

ok It does not do it locally but it does happen on your site.So go to the gonfig section of coppermine and make sure the site url and the cookie information is correct.It has to be a problem there somewhere

EDIT: actually im sure that is part of sentinel, I could be wrong?

Quote:

You have attempted to use a False Admin cookie to access this site!

As a test switch off sentinel and try it

warz_nl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:47 am Reply with quote

ok I will get back to you on that.

I was thinking something else in the new config area raven and the guys build in I will test it and post back

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Gallery/Gallery2

View next topic
View previous topic