Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
soulreaver418
Client

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:31 am Reply with quote

In my forums I just noticed something odd, whenever there are multiple new posts and I read just one, they all de-flag as new posts and change to read instead of unread.

Using newest version of RN, upgraded to newest version of NS and phpbb forums are version .22, was waiting to go up to .23 until everything was good to go!

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:11 am Reply with quote

It is usually a cookie problem. Check your cooke settings in admin panel / forums.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:22 pm Reply with quote

Well, I am a bit confused as RavenNuke(tm) 2.20.x is version 2.0.23 of the forums. So, how did you get 2.0.22???? Although cookie configuration may still be the issue, I would check your upgrade process again to see what you may have skipped?

soulreaver418

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:22 am Reply with quote

Ill upgrade to .23 and see what transpires... also, as far as the cookie issue, i just had to change the cookie to fix an issue with PM giving an invalid session error.

What the deal is, I host my own linux server and point my website url to my ip address, I had the cookie set to my sanctifiedwow.com name but was getting the Invalid session error on PM sends.

So, I changed it to reflect the actualy ip address of the server I host and it resolved the issue of invalid session error.

Do you think it needs to be one way for the new posts thing to work and one way for the invalid session error? Not sure if the whole self hosted server might be an issue, if so I will prob have try to setup name servers on my server.... which I do not know how to do.

This has been a trial and error experience on my end, learning to use Linux to host a site. =)

montego

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:56 am Reply with quote

There is a really good post here in the forums about proper phpBB cookie settings. I don't have time at the moment to try and find it, but it documents it very nicely.

soulreaver418

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:13 am Reply with quote

I have followed the post about the cookie settings to a T.

I think im good to go now, after having everyone clear their browsers cache and cookies seems so far all users are not having any issues there.

Moving on to next issue...

Thanks =)

montego

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:57 am Reply with quote

Ok. You are welcome.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic