Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x
montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:03 am Reply with quote

Just wanted to highlight an issue I just ran into while using this new feature now on my production site:

[Thu May 29 07:48:41 2008] [error] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 28564805 bytes) in /****/admin/modules/nukesentinel/ABDBDownload.php on line 110

Due to various reasons, I would rather not set a higher memory allocation using a php_flag within .htaccess (unless it can be targeted just to that script somehow). What I would like to suggest is that ABDBDownload.php be modified to make an attempt to change the max memory size IF that is even possible that late in the "game".

It looks as thought it is failing in the compression step. Or, I wonder if it would be possible to actually stream the I/O instead of requiring the whole file be read into memory at once. Sorry, don't know what is possible with gz.

BobMarion
Former Admin in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:40 pm Reply with quote

The file can be streamed but not as a .gz that I am aware of. It has to first be saved then compressed. Will look to see if I can make it a two step process, that way it would clear the memory between saving and compressing.

montego

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:52 am Reply with quote

Yeah, not sure either. I know within *nix you can use piped output to do this, but not sure if there is a PHP equivalent.

BobMarion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:32 pm Reply with quote

Addressed in .19

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:37 pm Reply with quote

Outstanding!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x

View next topic
View previous topic