Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NSN Gr Downloads - a.k.a NukeDepository
Asger
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:15 am Reply with quote

Hi All

I have a problem with NSN GR Downloads when using PHP5. I just get a blank page when clicking the Downloads link. When using PHP4 everything works fine.

I use RN 2.20.01 and NSN GR Downloads 1.0.3 pl1 modified to get shortlink working (Fix from Montego)

Web site http://www.urbangamers.dk (running PHP4 right now)

Can anyone point me in the right direction??

Please let me know if you need additional information.

Brg. Asger

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:52 pm Reply with quote

Which version of 5.x are you using?
I ask only because I'm using NSN GR Downloads and it works fine for me with every branch version I have tried up to 5.2.3

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:13 am Reply with quote

Asger, actually also need to know if you got the download from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] If you took it from sourceforge, that version will not work.

This is working just fine for me on PHP 5.2.x.

Asger

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 5:30 pm Reply with quote

Hi

My Web Host uses PHP 5.2.6.

As far as i remember i dowloaded NSN GR Downloads from nukescipts (It works fine with PHP4)

montego

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:21 am Reply with quote

Odd... ok, try this, within config.php, please set $display_errors to true and then post any error message back to us (but, please remove any absolute path information or user-specific details). We just need to know which script is failing and how its failing (i.e., error message text).

Asger

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:04 am Reply with quote

Hi Montego

There are no error messages displayed when setting $display_errors to true.

The admin part of NSN GR Downloads works fine if thats any help also tried to change theme to make sure it was not theme related.

I have left my site with PHP 5.2.6 enabled, so you can see the behaviour for yourself.

Brg. Asger

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:26 am Reply with quote

I see you are using mod_rewrite to shorten the links - are you using the correct ones as they are different for NSN GR Downloads than the standard downloads module.

Asger

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:36 am Reply with quote

Yes, i took the ones from montegos site. Everything works fine with PHP4, so i guess shortlinks is not the problem.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:22 pm Reply with quote

Unfortunately I have not updated yet to 5.2.6 so I'm not able to try it myself Sad

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:06 pm Reply with quote

Sorry to jump in - have you tried it with short links disabled? I've heard of stuff written for PHP5 not working on PHP4, but not vice versa...

montego

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:35 am Reply with quote

Asger, yes, do please turn off ShortLinks and try again with PHP 5.2.6. I wonder if something has been changed, but, I too don't have a 5.2.6 site to test this out. I do want to rule out ShortLinks first before we go much further.

What is odd to me is that there is no <body> tag but your output has the closing body tag in it. I am not used to seeing that when a module fails over. Confused

Asger

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:14 am Reply with quote

Hi Again

Seems like a shortlink issue. When i set $tnsl_bUseShortLinks = false it works fine with PHP 5.2.6.

Can any of you guys help me out with fixing the shortlinks?

I'm a noob at this and wouldn't know where to start Sad

And thanks guys for your quick response, it's realy appriciated

Brg Asger

montego

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:04 pm Reply with quote

Asger, you are going to have to give me some time to get to this. I am quite busy at the moment and it seems to be just a PHP 5.2.6 issue. Unfortunately I cannot "take the hit" on my sites and upgrade to 5.2.6 atm, so I am going to have to figure out what has changed and what code within ShortLinks could be causing the issue.

Sure wish there was an error message to go on. With display errors on, can you check your Apache error logs to see if there is an error buried in there?

montego

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:37 pm Reply with quote

Thought of something else to try. Within the ShortLinks directory, rename or remove the file GT-Download.php and then re-enable ShortLinks. I want to see if it is ShortLinks code itself or something with the rewrite rules. I have checked the 5.2.6 change log and there are quite a bit of changes mentioned to PCRE and posix, so it has me concerned that it is 5.2.6 related.

Asger

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:46 pm Reply with quote

Hi Montego

If i rename GT-Downloads.php downloads works with PHP 5.2.6

montego

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:54 pm Reply with quote

Ok, that narrows it down to a PCRE issue I think. Why don't you post for me your entire GT-Downloads.php file within code tags so that I can compare with mine.

Asger

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:15 am Reply with quote

Hi

Here is my entire GT-Downloads.php

Code:

<?php

/******************************************************************************

* Script:     TegoNuke(tm) ShortLinks "Tap" for NSN GR Downloads v1.0.3pl1

*             from http://www.nukescripts.net.

* Version:    1.0

* Author:     Rob Herder (aka: montego) of http://montegoscripts.com

* Contact:    [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

* Copyright:  Copyright © 2006 by Montego Scripts

* License:    GNU/GPL (see provided LICENSE.txt file)

******************************************************************************/

$urlin = array(

'"(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Downloads&amp;op=modifydownloadrequest&amp;lid=([0-9]*)"',

'"(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Downloads&amp;op=NewDownloads&amp;newdownloadshowdays=([0-9]*)"',

'"(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Downloads&amp;op=NewDownloadsDate&amp;selectdate=([a-zA-Z0-9+]*)"',

'"(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Downloads&amp;op=getit&amp;lid=([0-9]*)"',

'"(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Downloads&amp;op=(MostPopular)&amp;ratenum=([0-9]*)&amp;ratetype=(num|percent)"',

'"(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Downloads&amp;op=(NewDownloads|MostPopular)"',

'"(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Downloads&amp;cid=([0-9]*)&amp;orderby=([a-zA-Z0-9+]*)"',

'"(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Downloads&amp;min=([0-9]*)&amp;cid=([0-9]*))"',   //Must make code chg to work!

'"(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Downloads&amp;op=search&amp;query=([/:\-\'{}()\,\._&amp;a-zA-Z0-9+=]*)&amp;min=([0-9]*)&amp;orderby=([a-zA-Z0-9+]*)&amp;show=([0-9]*)"',  //Must make code chg to work!

'"(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Downloads&amp;op=search&amp;query=([/:\-\'{}()\,\._&amp;a-zA-Z0-9+= ]*)&amp;orderby=([a-zA-Z0-9+]*)"',    //Must make code chg to work!

'"(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Downloads&amp;op=search"',    //Must make code chg to work!

'"(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Downloads&amp;op=gfx&amp;random_num=([0-9]*)"',

'"(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Downloads&amp;cid=([0-9]*)"',

'"(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Downloads"'

);

$urlout = array(

'download-mod-\\1.html',

'download-shownew-\\1.html',

'download-seldate-\\1.html',

'download-file-\\1.html',

'download-\\1-\\2-\\3.html',

'downloads-\\1.html',

'download-sort-\\1-orderby-\\2.html',

'download-paging-\\1-\\2.html', //Must make code chg to work!

'download-search-\\1-\\2-\\3-\\4.html', //Must make code chg to work!

'download-search-\\1-\\2.html', //Must make code chg to work!

'download-search.html', //Must make code chg to work!

'download-gfx-\\1.html',

'downloads-cat\\1.html',

'downloads.html'

);

?>

montego

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:53 am Reply with quote

Asger, I see one difference that I'd like to try fixing. Open your GT-Downloads.php script.

=== FIND CODE ===

Code:

'"(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Downloads&amp;min=([0-9]*)&amp;cid=([0-9]*))"',   //Must make code chg to work!

=== REPLACE WITH ===

Code:

'"(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Downloads&amp;min=([0-9]*)&amp;cid=([0-9]*)"',   //Must make code chg to work!

=== DONE ===

If you look closely at that line, it has an extra right parenthesis on the end. I am hoping that this is what is causing the issue.

Asger

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:37 am Reply with quote

Hi Montego

That did the trick Very Happy . Thank you, very much for your help

Brg. Asger

montego

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:58 am Reply with quote

Wave

Awesome! I have also updated my download... sorry about that. Guess PHP 5.2.5 and lower just ignored this error. Odd. Glad to have found it.

Asger

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 12:45 pm Reply with quote

No problem Wink , it works now. I realy appriciate your quick response and help fixing the problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NSN Gr Downloads - a.k.a NukeDepository

View next topic
View previous topic