Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 8.1
schaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:00 pm Reply with quote

Just wondering if there is a way to use the streaming banners that is offered through phpnuke on non phpnuke pages?

I use phpnuke but not for the whole site. Is there a way to link those banners to reg. html pages?

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:25 pm Reply with quote

Can you give a more detailed example of what you are wanting to do?

schaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:14 pm Reply with quote

I have phpnuke8 and within that program you can use their banner option that everytime the page reloads a new banner is shown.

My question is this. Does anyone know of a way if even possible to code a link from the phpnuke to a regular html file.

Ex. Banner is on phpnukes index.php (within the program it self)

I would like to say put those banners on say my Hosting.html or what ever page that is not part of the phpnuke cms itself.

Hope that is more clear.. thats about as clear as I can get on what i am looking to do.

If not does anyone know of a good script that can be used for this. I know of one that shows banners and reloads the banner with each reload of the page but it is not all that great.

One being the banners are not linkable and also I have different size banners I use and with that script if the banner does not fit it has a white background and no way to make the background transparent.

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:03 pm Reply with quote

So phpnuke is not really the issue? You want a rotating banner system on a completely different site?

schaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:15 pm Reply with quote

Well I use phpnuke was just wondering if there was a way to intergrade their banner system into other pages that has nothing to do with the cms itself. It is still the same site just pages NOT built in phpnuke.

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:38 pm Reply with quote

You would be better off just finding a stand alone type banner script.

schaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:41 pm Reply with quote

Yeah thats what i figured.... Phpnuke is great when it all runs within itself but ant worth to much when it comes to other stuff....

Been looking for a stand alone script but cant find one that uses a banner exchange account from others as nothing i can find will call a <script> within that <script> file...

anywho thanxx....

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:55 pm Reply with quote

That's not unique to *nuke - that's unique to most any application. CMS's are all designed to be self contained applications, otherwise you would have to build everything yourself. Be sure to try [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] I know they have what you are looking for.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 8.1

View next topic
View previous topic