Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> w/Nuke 6.9
peace
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 7:41 pm Reply with quote

Hello

it wont let me login as admin .isnt it same name and pw with my God account Sad

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:12 pm Reply with quote

Only if you set it up that way. If it was working and it now isn't, then it could be some new admin protection code that has you blocked. If that is not the case then possibly someone has gotten into your admin table. Use phpMyAdmin and look at the nuke_authors table to verify that your admin names look correct. You can also reset your password in phpmyadmin.

peace

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:32 pm Reply with quote

Hello Raven

ty for quick reply . i didnt use that forum before coz had some problems and now cant use coz of this problem Crying or Very sad . i looked at nuke_authors before im the only admin ( cant look today coz my site is down ( host ) Evil or Very Mad )

i can go to forums throughtadmin panel and i can play with it like an admin but i see myself as a guest so my name cant look in orange colour

Raven

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:49 pm Reply with quote

Login as a regular user too.

peace

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:55 pm Reply with quote

i tryed it before with my God name and with my normal user name but it only showed my normal user name as registered member Sad

Raven

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 9:58 pm Reply with quote

If you login as both an admin and a regular user, 2 separate logins, you will be both a registered member and an admin. At least you should be. To be seen as an admin in forums you will need to add yourself to the Admin rank.

peace

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 12:24 pm Reply with quote

Helo Raven thx for reply
sorry couldnt fallow here i wasnt online im nervous coz my site still down Mad .if i didnt misundersatand your reply; i cant login to my forum as admin but with my another name yes i can .and can you or someone please explain me how will i add my god name( admin) to the Admin rank im very newbie and need help Embarassed
thanks

ballymuntrev
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 7:23 pm Reply with quote

Open up/start PhpMyAdmin on your host/server.
Select your nuke database.
Choose/click on "nuke_users".
In right hand window of phpmyadmin, click on the "Browse" tab.
Note down (in your mind) the line where your User ID is shown, now scroll the window across until you see an option/tag (whatever the sql terminology is) called "user_level".
The "user_level" for you should be "2" and if it's not then you gotta change it to "2".
Assuming it's "1" (normal user) or even "3" (Moderator) then just click the line itself you want to change (to highlight it) then scroll the window all the way back left and click the "edit" option, which may look like a notepad and pencil icon.
Alright, now, scroll down the window until you see "user_level" again, now change the number "1" or "3" in there to a "2" then scroll the window right down to the bottom and hit the "GO" button, this will save your changes.

That should work for you, at least it did for me anyway.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

Trev.

peace

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 11:21 pm Reply with quote

Hello ballymuntrev

First of all thank you very much for detailed explaining i appreciate coz im really newbie at nuke and have no idea any about using/chancing php my admin but i did the things you explained very easly Razz and it worked you da man you save me from a big problem and thank you very much too Raven for try to help me

peace Mr. Green

edit: i wonder if this problem happened coz i didnt create a super user account with same my God account name when first install nuke ? coz i did create a user now same with my God name and it resolved

ballymuntrev

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 5:16 am Reply with quote

Cool, I helped someone Mr. Green

peace

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 12:07 pm Reply with quote

i know that feeling Cool ty again trev

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> w/Nuke 6.9

View next topic
View previous topic