Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x
firstwiseman
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:08 pm Reply with quote

Logged in as the "god" admin I go to my admin panel and click on the NukeSentinel icon. The page starts to load - hangs and eventually goes to an error "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".

The Sentinel link is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] As I mentioned, it hangs and then returns the above error message. First time this has ever happened.

Notes: My IP address is protected, I'm certain my admin user name and password are accurate and I've looked at the .staccess, .htaccess and .ftaccess files and there's no problem there.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Additional note: I can't access Sentinel on any of my sites right now. Same error occuring globally.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:40 am Reply with quote

Sounds like you may have been banned. Use phpMyAdmin and check to see if your IP is listed in the blocked ip table. Also check your server error log through your hosting control panel. Try it with Firefox to see if you get a valid error message instead of IE's generic error message.

firstwiseman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:26 am Reply with quote

No Raven, I'm not banned. I've checked the blocked IP and blocked range tables and I'm not there.

Additionally, I've had another admin try and access Sentinel. He's a thousand miles away and is also having no luck.

I tried via Firefox and got a blank white page, no error message at all.

Again, this is happening on a couple of sites on different servers but the same host - godaddy. If I have access to all other admin functions but suddenly can't get into Sentinel on multiple websites then I have to wonder if it's the host.

So I looked at log files and find nothing wrong there.

This is pretty strange.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:32 am Reply with quote

Okay, now we start guessing Laughing

Use phpMyAdmin and run a repair on all of the NukeSentinel(tm) tables.

firstwiseman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:51 am Reply with quote

Raven,

This isn't a case where tables need to be repaired. I've checked half a dozen sites on different servers that all run identical PHP-Nuke version is rn2.10.01 on different servers and all of them have this problem now. It has to be something that godaddy.com has done.

If you'd like, I'll set up a site on one of their servers and give you full access.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:59 am Reply with quote

Then my advise is to contact Go Daddy before spending any more time going down rabbit trails Smile

firstwiseman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:02 am Reply with quote

I've already sent them an email message. I thought I'd post this still for other users who may be hosted on their (godaddy's) servers.

firstwiseman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:45 am Reply with quote

And godaddy's response is:

1.) We don't support software other than that offered via our control panel.
2.) We don't know the system requirements for RN 2.10.01 or NukeSentinel.

They admit that since this is now a problem that appears accross their universe of sites hosted on godaddy that are running RN 2.10.01 but are unwilling to kick it up a level since MySQL and PHP are both running properly and they are unaware of the system requirements.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:29 pm Reply with quote

Switch hosts. I'm not being sarcastic, just opinionated. Back to your issue.

- Were these sites working? If so, when did they stop working?
- Do you know of any changes that they made that may have caused this?
- Did you make any changes at all regardless of whether you feel it should have caused this?
- What version of MySQL and PHP are you using?

firstwiseman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:22 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Switch hosts. I'm not being sarcastic, just opinionated. Back to your issue.

- Were these sites working? If so, when did they stop working?
Yes, they were all working. All the sites are still working except that I can not access NukeSentinel. It is ONLY NukeSentinel via the admin panel that I can not access. All other admin and website functions appear to be working fine.

Raven wrote:
- Do you know of any changes that they made that may have caused this?
GoDaddy.com admits that they make regular changes but they insist that they've done nothing that would prevent either php or mysql from working properly. They won't discuss changes made with me without knowing what the system requirements for RN2.10.01 are specifically.

Raven wrote:
- Did you make any changes at all regardless of whether you feel it should have caused this?
No, none. I have not accessed NukeSentinel on mosts of these websites for days. I installed a fresh copy of RN2.10.01 today on a fresh host with a fresh database and cannot access NukeSentinel via the admin panel.

Raven wrote:
- What version of MySQL and PHP are you using?
MySQL is version 5.0 and PHP Version 4.3.11 and PHP Version 5.1.4

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:31 pm Reply with quote

So, you see the NukeSentinel(tm) link in RN admin panel but when you try to access it you get a blank page - correct?

If you have a .htaccess file in your NukeSentinel admin folder, have you tried renaming it to see if that could be what is causing a problem?

firstwiseman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:47 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
So, you see the NukeSentinel(tm) link in RN admin panel but when you try to access it you get a blank page - correct?
Yes, that's correct.

Raven wrote:
If you have a .htaccess file in your NukeSentinel admin folder, have you tried renaming it to see if that could be what is causing a problem?
I've renamed the .htaccess file in /admin/modules/nukesentinel and tried again on two sites. That had no effect.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:13 pm Reply with quote

Well, if you want to PM me the following information I will take a look but it doesn't sound like you've left much to chance Wink

Please PM to me the following info:

Site URL, Nuke admin id/pass
phpMyAdmin URL, id/pass
ftp URL, id/pass

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:44 pm Reply with quote

GoDaddy does not allow socket connections. I ran the socket test script I posted in [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] on your site and the result is

TCP/IP Connection
Attempting to create a socket ...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: socket_create() in /home/.../socket_test.php on line 17

As a result admin/nukesentinel.php was hanging in the version check routine which tries to open a socket connection. I commented out the logic and all is well.

Code:
/***

if($ab_config['version_check'] < $checktime) {
  $errno = 0;
  $errstr = $nsnab_ver_info = '';
  if ($fsock = @fsockopen('www.nukescripts.net', 80, $errno, $errstr, 10)) {
    @fputs($fsock, "GET /versions/nsnab.txt HTTP/1.1\r\n");
    @fputs($fsock, "HOST: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
    @fputs($fsock, "Connection: close\r\n\r\n");
    $get_info = false;
    while (!@feof($fsock)) {
      if ($get_info) {
        $nsnab_ver_info = @fread($fsock, 1024);
      } else {
        if (@fgets($fsock, 1024) == "\r\n") {
          $get_info = true;
        }
      }
    }
    @fclose($fsock);
    absave_config('version_check', $checktime);
    absave_config('version_newest', $nsnab_ver_info);
  }
}
***/

We'll need to modify the script to check more aggressively for sockets.

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:59 pm Reply with quote

Good catch Raven. I was just thinking about that.

firstwiseman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:07 pm Reply with quote

Raven,

Thanks very much for the assist. I'm a little pis$ed off at GoDaddy about their response and will work on having some of these site owners move their hosting away from GoDaddy.com.

The change to no allowing socket connections must be a new thing for them and their tech support people should, I would think, have access to a log of changes like that.

Again my thanks!

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:07 pm Reply with quote

Gremmie,

It was about the only thing left Laughing - I just added it in Mantis.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:24 pm Reply with quote

firstwiseman,

The post mentioned above was from 11/16/2007. I don't know how recent before that. Move to Raven Web Hosting and solve many of your technical and support issues Wink
RavensScripts

homelessdiver

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:18 am Reply with quote

sweet mother of all that is php.....that did the trick for me as well!

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:25 am Reply with quote

Image RavensScripts Image

firstwiseman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:06 pm Reply with quote

Hi Raven,

First of all ... Merry Christmas. Have been travelling for few days.

Quick ? for you ... what site of mine did you try your script on?

I emailed their support and asked " are you NOT allowing fsockopen() and/or fputs() PHP functions? I'd like to be sure these are enabled on my hosts."

They responded:
"The PHP functions in question are enabled on our Linux based Shared Hosting plans. Linux hosting accounts running Hosting Configuration 2.0 support both PHP 4 and PHP 5. Depending on the contents of your htaccess file, the following PHP file extensions can be used: .php, .php4, and .php5."

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:51 am Reply with quote

firstwiseman wrote:
Hi Raven,

First of all ... Merry Christmas. Have been travelling for few days.

Quick ? for you ... what site of mine did you try your script on?

I emailed their support and asked " are you NOT allowing fsockopen() and/or fputs() PHP functions? I'd like to be sure these are enabled on my hosts."

They responded:
"The PHP functions in question are enabled on our Linux based Shared Hosting plans. Linux hosting accounts running Hosting Configuration 2.0 support both PHP 4 and PHP 5. Depending on the contents of your htaccess file, the following PHP file extensions can be used: .php, .php4, and .php5."

I don't remember. When I asked you to
Please PM to me the following info:

Site URL, Nuke admin id/pass
phpMyAdmin URL, id/pass
ftp URL, id/pass

I used whatever Site URL you sent me. For security reasons I do not normally keep the information. Regardless, it's not an issue of the PHP version. The socket script failed and that means they don't allow the functionality or at least they didn't at that time. You can try running the script again to see if anything has changed.

firstwiseman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:05 pm Reply with quote

Thanks.

aimhighgranny

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:39 pm Reply with quote

Hello, I am having a very similar issue. Godaddy is the host as well
But my error states line 22 in the admin/nukesentinel.php. I cannot find any other posts on this.
sure could use some help.

I am using the 2.10.01 W/ns 2.5.08

Thanks

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:53 pm Reply with quote

I don't have that old a copy of NS laying around.
Could you tell us what is around line 22 a few lines before and after?
Better yet a link to a plain text file with those lines in.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x

View next topic
View previous topic