Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - Feedback
bobbyg
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:48 pm Reply with quote

I like the security of the RN v2.10.01 with Sentinel

Just finished a new install with RN v2.10.01. Encountered incomplete load error of the sql. Manually changed the $prefix_ to the expanded name and used phpmyadmin to load the rest of the files.

I have another web-based mail system that did not like the URL sent in the "Recommend Us" module. Made a change to send the link without the [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] but with the [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and it was accepted by the web-based mail system.

Sentinel banned me numerous times during testing, but since I use phpmyadmin, I could easily repair that. One of the problems I encountered with Sentinel was with NukeWrap. It would let me wrap the Wikipedia modules because they are on my site, but it did not like me attempting to wrap other sites.

Another problem all nuke sites have regardless of version, is the "lost password". If for some reason you forgot the Username you used with a site, it will never let you recover your password and you cannot re-register the email address associated with it. It would be useful to have "Lost Password" optionally work by entering the users email address instead of the username. (Just a suggestion)

Would like visitors to my site to review and make suggestions or recommendations. I just completed the install early this morning and stilll have a lot to do on it. http://www.bobbygs.org

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:19 am Reply with quote

A couple things that I will respond to and let others fill in any "gaps":

Quote:

I have another web-based mail system that did not like the URL sent in the "Recommend Us" module. Made a change to send the link without the [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] but with the [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and it was accepted by the web-based mail system.

Just a general comment here that I have created a blend of several nice tools out there and am calling it TegoNuke(tm) Mailer. I have incorporated it into the next release of RavenNuke(tm) and it is much better with handling the headers on the emails. I think you should see an improvement there. It also will support standard PHP mail(), SMTP and Sendmail.

Quote:

It would be useful to have "Lost Password" optionally work by entering the users email address instead of the username

Ask and you shall receive (even before asking - lol). Raven added this hack to the next release of RavenNuke(tm) about a month back.

:clap:

nagahosting
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:54 am Reply with quote

Interesting discussion. Thanks montego for the information on the "lost password". Smile RavenNuke is always the best and people seems to start their website afresh because they want to install RavenNuke. I have done that in few sites Wink

Good news is that... I have created a new site ie Lotha.org using RavenNuke which is a community based website. There are many other sites which i designed using RavenNuke. Hats off too RavenNuke (Tm) and Its Team/helpers/community. Another website is also on the way which will be RavenNuke based. I am waiting for Raven to release its new version of RavenNuke(Tm).Wink Will wait till the time.....

Donations will come as usual Wink

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - Feedback

View next topic
View previous topic